+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi. I'm about to probably ask a question that has been answered severally, but I can't seem to get a solution.

I'm currently doing a one year graduate certificate in IT in Ontario. I plan to take a second one year graduate certificate in order to get the 3 year work permit. I don't want to do it here in Ontario since the province is too competitive for PR application via international student pathway. Which province would work best for me? I plan on taking advantage of the various PNP programs. I'm currently 31 years old and my spouse and child will be coming next year when I apply a joint study permit extension together with Sowp and visitor record.
I understand your concern about the competition for PR in Ontario. Here are some provinces that may be a better option for you:
  • Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the International Graduate Stream and the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). The SINP also has a stream specifically for IT workers.

• Manitoba: Manitoba also has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream and the Expression of Interest (EOI) Stream. The EOI Stream is a points-based system that allows you to apply for a nomination based on your skills, education, and work experience.

• New Brunswick: New Brunswick has a PNP stream specifically for international students called the Express Entry: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (EE:NBPNP). This stream allows you to apply for a nomination based on your Express Entry profile.

• Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the Skilled Worker Stream and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream. The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is a great option if you are interested in starting your own business in Nova Scotia.
These are just a few of the provinces that have PNP streams that are open to international students. I recommend doing some research to find the province that is the best fit for you.

Here are some factors to consider when choosing a province:
  • The job market for your field of study
  • The cost of living
  • The climate
  • The availability of PNP programs
  • The family reunification policies
Once you have chosen a province, you can start planning your studies and your application for a PNP nomination.

I hope this helps!

Hmtaro

Sep 14, 2023
HEY I SEE STUDY PERMIT DETAILS ON MY IRCC-TRACKER SUCH AS STUDY PERMIT NUMBER AND EXPIRY DATE AND ALSO VISITOR VISA NUMBER
WHATS MEANING OF THIS PLEASE
ALSO MY ELIGIBLITY SHOWS COMPLETED
AND ALSO BIOMETRICS , AND RECEIVE MY BVL ON 1ST OF SEPTEMBER 14 DAYS AGO and there is no PPR IS there any proplem please RESPOND thnks

Darshana Dias

Jun 24, 2021
AAT completion and 01 year MBA degree as college/University admission requirement of Graduate Certificate

I would appreciate your opinion. Using an agent I applied to Fanshawe College for a Graduate Certificate, with AAT SL membership and 01 year MBA degree in Finance (UK) . Unfortunately, my college application was rejected with the reason stated as "Ineligible-Missing Requirement." Their Admission requirement is '' Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree'' . for IELTS, agent informed that I can submit IELTS results after I get conditional offer letter and offer was rejected only because of my 2 year diploma equivalent issue.

So I decided not to use an agent and to apply myself and this group content is really valuable for me. Previously I did IELTS general for EE and I'm taking IELTS academic this month for student pathway.

Since I do not possess an undergraduate bachelor's degree, I would like to know in terms of entry requirements ,

1.does colleges consider 01 year MBA degree and AAT completion equal to 2-year diploma, for post graduate certificate. and considering my age factor of 30 years, will it be bad choice to focus on undergratuate diplomas instead of trageting for post graduate programms

2.And considering Fanshawe college rejection, do I need to obtain academic WES evaluation before starting applying colleges and Universities?

3.I already did the WES evaluation for MBA (EE profile) and got results as master’s degree , is it okey submit this WES results with transcipt during trascipt submision.

Jan 22, 2024
I am on a visitor visa aged 35 and I am in the process of converting into study permit opting for Sept 2024 intake as my course is available in the fall only.

After changing the rules for International students in Canada on 22 Jan 2024.
Is there any difficulties on my path as I am still considered as an international student but inside Canada? If yes, what are they?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on a visitor visa aged 35 and I am in the process of converting into study permit opting for Sept 2024 intake as my course is available in the fall only.

After changing the rules for International students in Canada on 22 Jan 2024.
Is there any difficulties on my path as I am still considered as an international student but inside Canada? If yes, what are they?
Duplicate post.

eudigao

Oct 26, 2018
Hi everyone!

My friend applied for her student permit + OWP for her husband end of November, 2023.

She have her application done through an immigration lawyer, is there a way for her to track her application online? Or only the representatives can track the application?

We tried to register her on the website below, but we are getting an error message, on this site: https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Correct these errors:
  • Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.
Is there a way for her to track her application? I found pretty bad that immigration lawyers don't let clients track their applications.

Thank You very much everyone, this forum is always really helpful!

Jheel

Feb 1, 2024
Hi i have a question regarding my student application. I am currently doing my PGD in georgian college (bloor campus Toronto, ON)which is for one year and will end in august 2024 . If i take admission in an public college for 1 year again ! how many years of study permit will i get without extension?