+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Looking place for rent ( long term )

Malyu

Apr 20, 2014
I got job offer from a studio in Canada. They are preparing for the visa now, and told me that the process might take 7 or 9 months.
They would give me a hotel room for the first 2 months. My offer is for 2 years.

How is the best way to find place to rent? I looked at the internet, but to be honest, i do not trust internet. The studio is in Yaletown, So i want to be close to it. Of course it won't be a problem if it a little bit far away, i can use public transit.

Btw, i am not sure how much does it cost for furnished 1 bedroom apartment/condo. I can afford from 1200-1600 Is there any chance to find something for this rate?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go to any Real Estate service providers which can provide you access to view available listings.

I don't think you can find anything within such range in Yaletown. Perhaps if you don't mind traveling on sky train or other public transport, try to find listings in Burnaby, Coquitlam and New Westminister.

Malyu

Apr 20, 2014
steaky said:
You can go to any Real Estate service providers which can provide you access to view available listings.

I don't think you can find anything within such range in Yaletown. Perhaps if you don't mind traveling on sky train or other public transport, try to find listings in Burnaby, Coquitlam and New Westminister.
Thanks. So for furnished apartment is more expensive than C$1600? Is this means ads on internet for 1 bdr are scammers?

I would like to be something close.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malyu said:
Thanks. So for furnished apartment is more expensive than C$1600? Is this means ads on internet for 1 bdr are scammers?

I would like to be something close.
Not every ads in the internet are scammers. There are genuine landlords and companies using websites as well!

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've lived in Yaletown for the past 4 years. I think $1600 for an unfurnished studio is within the realm of possibilities, but only just. Realistically, if you can manage $1800-1900, you should have little difficulty finding a furnished unit in a very nice building here. I have a 23rd-floor 120 sq. meter 2 bedroom/2 bath w/den and two nice-sized balconies on False Creek (Davie @ Marinaside) and I pay $2600/month. Keep in mind that if you do live here in Yaletown, your commuting/parking/etc. costs would be virtually nil. Shopping and and a wide variety of entertainment options would be within a few-minutes walking distance, and because you'd have virtually no commute, you'd have a lot more free time available to enjoy your non-working life!

Best of luck to you.

Malyu

Apr 20, 2014
Fine then. Suggest me some neighborhoods for furnished apartment for my budget 1400-1600/1700.
I want to be close to food shops and bus stops. Also MPC(the studio i am hired) is located in Yaletown.

I have one more question. Does landlord will allow me to buy a desktop PC and desk? I will bring my laptop with me. But i can't work on my laptop.

Any rental agencies you can recommend?

Navut

Apr 22, 2014
Malyu
Insert Quote
Fine then. Suggest me some neighborhoods for furnished apartment for my budget 1400-1600/1700.
I want to be close to food shops and bus stops. Also MPC(the studio i am hired) is located in Yaletown.

I have one more question. Does landlord will allow me to buy a desktop PC and desk? I will bring my laptop with me. But i can't work on my laptop.

Any rental agencies you can recommend?
You can select north Vancouver place. Here you find a good neighborhood with Navut web. Lower Lonsdale will give you 61.01 percent safty. So you can try to search Navut website for choose right area