+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Value of PEC Registration in Canada

umerjavaid

May 13, 2017
Is it necessary to become an Engineer in Training (EIT) to find work in Canada. I am a registered Engineer in Pakistan with PEC. Is the PEC registration valid in Canada?? If not, then what is the process for becoming a licensed Engineer in Canada. And is it necessary to give exams for becoming an EIT??

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Is it necessary to become an Engineer in Training (EIT) to find work in Canada. I am a registered Engineer in Pakistan with PEC. Is the PEC registration valid in Canada?? If not, then what is the process for becoming a licensed Engineer in Canada. And is it necessary to give exams for becoming an EIT??
PEC has no equivalency here. They certainly recognize you as an engineer but you do not have signing authority on designs. It depends on what kind of Engineer you are. If your profession requires designing then you have to be registered in order to sign off your design. If you are a Manufacturing and process or any other type which do not interact with environment or public then you are fine without it.

I am a Process Engineer in Automotive Industry and I do not need registration.