+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Proof of Funds(POF) documents and other documents for short landing.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hello Guyz,

I will be doing my short landing in Toronto very soon, I will be there in Toronto for 1 week and then coming back to India.

My questions:
1) I don't want to move my funds from India to Toronto for this short landing, so as POF can I show either of following documents to immigration officer if asked.
  • Indian Bank saving account statement
  • India Mutual funds statement
  • India Bank Fixed deposit statement

Will they work? If not, please provide suggestions which are easy to execute with minimal cost.

Thanks in advance!

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
Hello Guyz,

I will be doing my short landing in Toronto very soon, I will be there in Toronto for 1 week and then coming back to India.

My questions:
1) I don't want to move my funds from India to Toronto for this short landing, so as POF can I show either of following documents to immigration officer if asked.
  • Indian Bank saving account statement
  • India Mutual funds statement
  • India Bank Fixed deposit statement

Will they work? If not, please provide suggestions which are easy to execute with minimal cost.

Thanks in advance!
hey...
did you land in Canada...I have same query as yours...using below as proof of funds:

Indian Bank saving account statement
India Mutual funds statement
India Bank Fixed deposit statement

were these accepted at Port of Entry?

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
anirudhap said:
hey...
did you land in Canada...I have same query as yours...using below as proof of funds:

Indian Bank saving account statement
India Mutual funds statement
India Bank Fixed deposit statement

were these accepted at Port of Entry?
I wasn't asked to show POF at proof of entry, even though I went with my bank statements as proof.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
HI,

Can you pls tell us what documents are required to apply for PR Travel Document after short landing.

Air Tickets of short landing and hotel bills are enough ?
or
other documents are also required ?

Pls advise.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
mahi2020 said:
HI,

Can you pls tell us what documents are required to apply for PR Travel Document after short landing.

Air Tickets of short landing and hotel bills are enough ?
or
other documents are also required ?

Pls advise.
Soft landing simply means that one will go back after completing necessary landing formalities before expiry of his COPR date. You would have to carry all relevant documents like POF, COPR, Passport with Visa stamped, your education and work experience certificate.
For Travel document, I am not aware how does one obtain it but it only for those situations where one is out of Canada without PR card. Then one needs to apply for PR travel document with Canadian embassy from his residing country.

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
CIC documents state bonds, shares and by derivation mutual funds as acceptable forms of fund while landing. Any idea why folks say that these are not acceptable while submitting ITA proof and that we must liquidate these holdings.

What did you? Sell your units for ITA proof?