+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

valid Job offer

agoq

Nov 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I need your help with the "valid job offer" issue.

I just got my ITA for EE Canadian Experience Class, that is good news. However, I found I might misunderstanding what is the "valid job offer", which adds me 50 points.

The confused points are here:
(1) for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
I have a job offer from mid-December 2017 for one year, but it seems that it is not enough as requested by (1), Do I need to request a new one without the fixed time, like saying " ... I promise to provide at least one-year full-time job after XXX is issued the permanent resident visa" by my current boss?

(2) It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
Right now, I have the LMIA for the job offer I mentioned. What does th new positive LMIA mean? Do I need a new one to submit my application, even I already have one?

What should I do next?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys,

I need your help with the "valid job offer" issue.

I just got my ITA for EE Canadian Experience Class, that is good news. However, I found I might misunderstanding what is the "valid job offer", which adds me 50 points.

The confused points are here:
(1) for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
I have a job offer from mid-December 2017 for one year, but it seems that it is not enough as requested by (1), Do I need to request a new one without the fixed time, like saying " ... I promise to provide at least one-year full-time job after XXX is issued the permanent resident visa" by my current boss?

(2) It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
Congrats on the ITA! I understand the confusion, and unfortunately, I do not know if IRCC would accept the 1 year job offer as meeting the criteria.

Can you confirm whether the LMIA was issued just for a work permit, or for both a work permit and permanent residence?

I would suggest talking with your boss and asking if they could issue you a new job offer letter - For the work permit, they had to specify a limited term, however, a new job offer letter could be identical to the one-year letter, indicating that, contingent upon your obtaining PR status, the term of employment would be extended for a period of at least one year after you become a PR.