+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid French Classes for Reimbursement with CAQ/CSQ

wip_5l_0000

May 11, 2023
I heard that Quebec gov't will reimburse French lessons taken abroad by CAQ/CSQ holders under certain conditions.

I've read those here: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/french-in-quebec/immigrant/french-course-outside-canada/reimbursement-courses#:~:text=The Gouvernement du Québec may,when you live in Québec.

In general, their partner institution is Alliance Française. Given that the maximum reimbursement amount is 1.8k CAD, I would like to maximize the opportunity prior to my arrival in Quebec.

Would anyone know if private coaching will be considered a class for the purposes of the paperwork?

I tried asking my local AF, but they are more familiar with handling the Quebec gov't paperwork for the regular group classes.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I heard that Quebec gov't will reimburse French lessons taken abroad by CAQ/CSQ holders under certain conditions.

I've read those here: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/french-in-quebec/immigrant/french-course-outside-canada/reimbursement-courses#:~:text=The Gouvernement du Québec may,when you live in Québec.

In general, their partner institution is Alliance Française. Given that the maximum reimbursement amount is 1.8k CAD, I would like to maximize the opportunity prior to my arrival in Quebec.

Would anyone know if private coaching will be considered a class for the purposes of the paperwork?

I tried asking my local AF, but they are more familiar with handling the Quebec gov't paperwork for the regular group classes.
Does Alliance Française provide private coaching ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does Alliance Française provide private coaching ?
Yes they typically provide private tutoring but you should doublecheck at your local AF. It does depend on availability of teachers. For example harder to secure private tutoring during the summer when many teachers take a long vacation and many visit Europe. Semi-private lessons are also usually available if you have other friends or family members trying to learn French. Fl