+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC phased re-openings in India (good news for TRV processing time?)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a Canadian PR and my fiance is in India with no current Canadian status.
In July, she applied for her TRV as a single/unmarried person who wishes to visit me (her friend) in Canada. We attached travel itineraries and tentative travel dates, and also mentioned in the letter of explanation that we understand that immediate travel may not be possible, but since this visa is usually for 10 years, we are applying now. And we attached all necessary documentation.

On Nov 2, we got married and after marriage, I submitted a webform and also wrote to the IRCC travel exemption email ID that we now qualify under immediate family reunification and supported the email and webform with documents to show strong ties to India. A statement showing her net worth in India, her employment contract, etc.
Although spouses are able to travel they must qualify for a TRV which is the hard part of the process. Many people misunderstood and thought that all spouses would get TRVs and be able to come to Canada. The obstacle remains getting approved for a TRV.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Although spouses are able to travel they must qualify for a TRV which is the hard part of the process. Many people misunderstood and thought that all spouses would get TRVs and be able to come to Canada. The obstacle remains getting approved for a TRV.
Not assuming that a TRV is guaranteed. But not hearing an update since July for a TRV is kinda ridiculous.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not assuming that a TRV is guaranteed. But not hearing an update since July for a TRV is kinda ridiculous.
The offices in India were closed to everything but emergencies for almost all that time. With very high levels of covid in India and not enough hospital resources to fit the population almost all the Canadian foreign service employees and their families returned to Canada in March. In general Canada also didn't want to encourage travel into or out of Canada.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
The offices in India were closed to everything but emergencies for almost all that time. With very high levels of covid in India and not enough hospital resources to fit the population almost all the Canadian foreign service employees and their families returned to Canada in March. In general Canada also didn't want to encourage travel into or out of Canada.
I'm seeing TRV applications for spouses applied in August and September getting approved in here.