+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC GHANA

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hey guys, my husband (Ghanaian) is going for his biometrics tomorrow. We applied for the Out of Canada spousal sponsorship program. Anyone who's gone through this in Ghana before have any idea on how long it might take for IRCC to receive his biometrics once it's completed?

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hey guys, my husband (Ghanaian) is going for his biometrics tomorrow. We applied for the Out of Canada spousal sponsorship program. Anyone who's gone through this in Ghana before have any idea on how long it might take for IRCC to receive his biometrics once it's completed?
Biometrics are normally submitted the same day to IRCC .

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hello, I am in the same situation as you, i applied in June 19 and had bio on June 25. Any update from your end?
Hey! After the biometrics (June 2021) we got the medical form (July 2021) and since then haven’t heard anything. In November we ordered the GCMS notes because we were getting really concerned as we’re quickly approaching the 12 month mark of our application (we submitted it Feb 5 2021). According to the notes they’ve already approved me as a sponsor, they’ve approved that he’s eligible to be sponsored but they still need to do a security clearance for him. It also looks like our application has been sent from Canada back to Accra to be completed. Now we’re waiting to see if they’ll call him for an interview and to submit his passport to wrap this all up. We ordered another set of GCMS notes that we’ll receive in January so hopefully that shows more progress. Any movements on your end?

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hey! After the biometrics (June 2021) we got the medical form (July 2021) and since then haven’t heard anything. In November we ordered the GCMS notes because we were getting really concerned as we’re quickly approaching the 12 month mark of our application (we submitted it Feb 5 2021). According to the notes they’ve already approved me as a sponsor, they’ve approved that he’s eligible to be sponsored but they still need to do a security clearance for him. It also looks like our application has been sent from Canada back to Accra to be completed. Now we’re waiting to see if they’ll call him for an interview and to submit his passport to wrap this all up. We ordered another set of GCMS notes that we’ll receive in January so hopefully that shows more progress. Any movements on your end?
Is there any new update on your application?

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Is there any new update on your application?
No, the only reason we even know any progress has been made is because we’ve ordered GCMS notes. Our online account hasn’t shown an update since July and we never received any correspondence from them since then.

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
No, the only reason we even know any progress has been made is because we’ve ordered GCMS notes. Our online account hasn’t shown an update since July and we never received any correspondence from them since then.
Did you do upfront medicals or you were requested to do it