+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

v confused, plz help

jordanian

Mar 19, 2008
I am Jordanian , my wife Canadian citizen we married 3 years ago and we have 2 kids now Alhamdulilah , and we agree to live in Jordan for the rest of our life , but my wife hasn't seen her family for 3 years and they haven't seen her kids yet. She wants to go see her family for a month at least and she cant travel by herself with 2 kids so I applied for temporary visit visa to go with her in June 6 and I wrote in the application we are not thinking to go live in Canada so we don't want to do the sponsor ship, anyway the embassy in Jordan in June 18 said to me that they agree to give me a visa but they sent the application for approval in Canada and I don't know what this mean ? because they said I might get refused after approval . In the application her mother and aunt invited us and they said they will take care of us with every thing : sleep , food and etc...but we didn't include their bank statements or any other financial proof .
So my questions are : 1. what do they mean by this approval (e.g. is it about me or my wife or who ever invited us ?)
2. Is it a good sign that they didnt refuse us at this point?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know the answer to #1. Is it possible that TRVs for your country are "decided" at a Canadian office? I really don't know. But certainly #2....no news is good news from Immigration in this case. I am surprised they haven't asked for your bank statements. Even though family members offer to pay for your living expenses, it is still expected that the visitor has the finances to pay for the trip and their exit from the country. What if there was a falling out during the visit and you had to provide for yourselves until your return flight. I am not saying this would happen in your family, but the VO could think it. Let us know the outcome. Good Luck.