+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using AVR past 30days

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Has anyone in the past few months had used AVR after 30days to re-enter US? please can you share your experiences?

Thanks.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I read somewhere on the other thread on this forum that sometimes the CBP makes an exception for those going over the 30-day limit, but I wouldn't bet on it.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I read somewhere on the other thread on this forum that sometimes the CBP makes an exception for those going over the 30-day limit, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yes, even i read that they allowed few during the initial days after the lockdown but haven't heard anything after that, hence checking.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, even i read that they allowed few during the initial days after the lockdown but haven't heard anything after that, hence checking.
Yeah....but I would try to be on the safe side if possible.
If the CBP doesn't let you in, chances are, you'll have to wait months to get a visa interview before you can get back in the US.
Good luck.

Reactions: harirajmohan

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Yeah....but I would try to be on the safe side if possible.
If the CBP doesn't let you in, chances are, you'll have to wait months to get a visa interview before you can get back in the US.
Good luck.
Have you known or read anyone in those situations?

Yeah! I am pretty much ok to travel but with all these covid testing procedures setup not sure how the things work. Also they are asking people to take the test after done with quarantine(does that mean, you cannot go out untill you get to take your test after 14-days?- this part is unknown yet!!)

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Have you known or read anyone in those situations?

Yeah! I am pretty much ok to travel but with all these covid testing procedures setup not sure how the things work. Also they are asking people to take the test after done with quarantine(does that mean, you cannot go out untill you get to take your test after 14-days?- this part is unknown yet!!)
Unfortunately, I haven't heard any news about that

Well, I don't know if you're already settled in Canada, but when I moved to Windsor last year, I wasn't asked to do a 14-day quarantine.
When I showed up at the border, the border agent asked if I still worked in the US, and when I answered "yes", he said "ah, you're an essential worker. I'll put that on the system."

From what I hear, the negative test results are required for non-essential travelers, so I don't think it'll apply to essential workers like us.

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Unfortunately, I haven't heard any news about that

Well, I don't know if you're already settled in Canada, but when I moved to Windsor last year, I wasn't asked to do a 14-day quarantine.
When I showed up at the border, the border agent asked if I still worked in the US, and when I answered "yes", he said "ah, you're an essential worker. I'll put that on the system."

From what I hear, the negative test results are required for non-essential travelers, so I don't think it'll apply to essential workers like us.
Oh thats nice. i wasnt asked that question while i was moving. Yes, i have settled in Canada now. May be next time i ll bring up that topic to see what the officer says. But again it boils down to how frequently you travel. I travel once in a month, may be its different in your case.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Oh thats nice. i wasnt asked that question while i was moving. Yes, i have settled in Canada now. May be next time i ll bring up that topic to see what the officer says. But again it boils down to how frequently you travel. I travel once in a month, may be its different in your case.
Yeah, travelling once a month might be different. I commute 3 times per week for work.

I heard from one Canadian border agent that travelling at least 4 times a month classifies me as an essential worker, so you may need to travel more frequently if you want things to move more smoothly at the border checkpoints

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

Has anyone in the past few months had used AVR after 30days to re-enter US? please can you share your experiences?

Thanks.
Doesnt matter on what other experienced. It wont be same for you. Dont take chances. Just travel once in a month as there is no official rule to allow beyond 30 days on valid I94 with expired visa.

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Hi All,

Has anyone, using AVR once every month, entered Canada after the changes to COVID testing requirements?