+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use a working holiday visa as a self-employed visa

PeteLeroy87

Feb 2, 2021
Hi,

Quick question, I've been trying to come for more than a year now but it's been hard to find any job since Covid hit. I'm an editor/assistant camera/camera operator, self-employed, working in the filmmaking industry. Do you think I can somehow switch my open work permit to a self employed working permit?

I'm kind of lost and depressed since my letter of introduction expire in less than two months, any help would be welcome.

PeteLeroy87

Feb 2, 2021
Thanks for the answer, Naturgrl. I don't know where else to ask about this but do you have any advice considering my situation? I already have a working holiday visa but no matter what job offer I submit my application I never get any answer (linkedin/indeed/craigslist and so on). It took me a year to get that visa and not I'm stuck in France not able to even use it because of Covid restrictions (must have a job offer to activate my visa). I'm really hopeless..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There are many on working holiday visas with an letter of introductin but need a job offer to enter. Unfortunately without being in Canada, lockdowns and unemployment, it will be next to impossible to get a job offer. Also starting within the week, travelers will have to quarantine in government hotels at a cost of around $2000. Sorry I don't have better news for you. My suggestion is to raise a webform on your file and ask if they will be extending letters of introduction.

IRCC Webform (cic.gc.ca)

PeteLeroy87

Feb 2, 2021
Thanks again for the honest answer. I'll try and extend my letter again (already did twice) then! Have a nice day.