+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa asylum seeker in Canada

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
I have a question could USA accepted asslyum could apply refugee/asslyum in Canada? Or if he marries to PR in process (canada) what could be the outcome. Please help me my friend is planning to come Canada here.
Thanks

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I have a question could USA accepted asslyum could apply refugee/asslyum in Canada? Or if he marries to PR in process (canada) what could be the outcome. Please help me my friend is planning to come Canada here.
Thanks
he would be denied asylum. the outcome would be nothing. jus that he is married. would have to be sponsored after the person's pr is completed.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks
If they have been accepted as a refugee in the US they no longer have a valid reason to claim asylum in Canada. If they applied for a refugee claim in the US, they would be denied and returned to the US as they cannot apply as a refugee if they have applied anywhere else. If he marries someone with a PR in process and the person applying for the PR does not include them in the application prior to landing, they can never be sponsored.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
As you have been previously told being disabled during covid are not grounds for asylum for US citizens in Canada and you’ll be returned to the US.

Reactions: bryndog1950