+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visa without PR card

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Dear members,

I landed in april 2016 and have not got my PR card yet. I need to travel to US as tourist. Can i get a US visa without the PR card in hand?

1LukeSkywalker

Jun 27, 2016
manharnarang said:
Dear members,

I landed in april 2016 and have not got my PR card yet. I need to travel to US as tourist. Can i get a US visa without the PR card in hand?

To be absolutely sure, I would check with the embassy. But I believe a confirmation of your PR like COPR and any/all documents that you received when you did your landing procedures will be sufficient.
The again, call the US embassy directly to be sure.

Good luck!

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
manharnarang said:
Dear members,

When I applied for my US visa I didnn't have my PR card with me and I only went with the COPR and had no Issues

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Bear in mind, you won't be able to fly back to Canada without your PR card.

So if you are planning on flying, you'll need a PRTD... or to plan your trip as to cross back at a land crossing where you don't require but would advise you take your CoPR.

Early April? Should really have it by now, I'll call and find our what's happening, it could be in the post.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
manharnarang said:
Dear members,

Yes you can, absolutely. Be sure to carry your COPR for proof of PR and proof of funds to cover your expenses.
You may need to provide these, but not necessarily.

As mentioned by one poster, give thought to your return - without a PR card you can't travel back to Canada on any commercial transport system - air, train, bus or boat. You can only re-enter by road, using a private vehicle.