imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
just want to start a new topic.. regarding US Citizens inquiring about gaining or regaining Canadian Citizenship, to avoid duplication and get the important info at one place..

please share your inquires and get the opinions from experts here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
imran01 said:
hi guys
just want to start a new topic.. regarding US Citizens inquiring about gaining or regaining Canadian Citizenship for avoiding duplication and get the important info at one place..

please share your inquires and get the opinions from experts here
Your post is a bit confusing. Being a US citizen doesn't qualify someone for Canadian citizenship (unless they had a parent or grandparent who was a Canadian citizen in which case there may be some options).

For the vast majority of US citizens, the process of becoming a Canadian citizen is the same as it is for anyone else living in any other part of the world. They can't apply for citizenship directly. First they have to apply for permanent residency and be approved. Once they have become a PR and lived in Canada for a number of years, they will qualify to apply for Canadian citizenship.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for explaining in detail..
i meant the same US citizens, had parent or grandparent who was Canadian citizen and they want to gain or regain Canadian Citizenship.. and on this site they keep making room after room.. for same or similar inquires.. i want them to ask here on ONE place and get the Expert Opinion from our VIP Members.

Hope i clarify.. :)