+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Citizen in Canada, and US CitReport of birth abroad Q for our little girl...

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
I figure this may be the best place to post this? If not.. sorry! :)

My common-law spouse has been in Canada for a year and a half now (Im a Cdn citizen) , on an extended visitor visa (we have put in for his 2nd extension request and are on implied status at the moment), as his PR to Canada is processing in Buffalo as an Outland application with me sponsoring him.

We have a 15 month old daughter together, and we called the consulate to finally get the ball rolling on her report abroad papers in Halifax.
We have all the papers pretty much ready to go, but since I have only been separated from my ex-husband for over 3 years now and my divorce still isnt final, they are probably going to want a paternity test on our daughter, since she was 1) born out of wedlock; and 2) since I am still technically only separated from my exhusband, and not divorced.

Does anyone know how expensive it is to get this paternity test done? We asked the consulate, and they say IF we have to get one done, then we find out at the time. But we need to save up for it, and they would only give us a figure of between $100-$1000, which for us, is a big difference to save up for. I am just wondering if anyone had any experience on this, on how much it cost us if were requested to do it?