+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENTLY seeking help: 2 parallel apps

Sep 23, 2013
I'm kindly asking for all the ppl with similar experiences to share.

I applied for 2 separate categories: family class and CEC.

I applied for family class back in feb, before the expiry of my wp and I'm working under implied status as I'm waiting for the 1st stage approval that is a wp extension, since Feb.

For CEC I applied shortly after, also shortly before expiry of my permit, but got aor 40 days after expiry of my wp (although I was and still am on implied status based on family spons app.

Meanwhile i have become a victim of family violence and cannot take it any more so would like to withdraw the FAM.spons.app and prioritize CEC.

I should've heard from vegreville in regards to my wp extension 1month ago (family app) however due to strike the waiting time has jumped from 6 to 11 months so this changed the whole concept.

If I knew the CEC app would be OK and i could successfully apply for BOWP now I would withdraw the other app myself but this is also going so slow so don't know where I stand.

Now my question would be: do you think I could apply for bowp with aor even though my wp expired 7 months ago but I still have a working status based on implied status from another application? I need this permit for my employer and didnt apply befote cause i thought i would have the working parmit by august but this strike was not anticipated back in march so really had no reason to ask for restoration of status or apply for a wp twice.
If anyone has a similar experience please share.

Does contacting call center make any sense? I called few times but those agents were not very helpful and told be that I can apply for bowl is the status in gcms is set to eligibility passed (I first thought she didn't even know what aor is or what bulletin 485 says) they just give general answers they can read from the computer but are not qualified or authorized to answer anything too particular.

I contacted a lawyer but the told me I could not apply for an open permit yet cause I was not approved in principle yet (aor is not the same-it's just made to facilitate the status of certain category of candidates whose status is about to expire-to prevent them from losing their status while in the country but does not mean approval) but told me that he honesty didn't have any experience with bowl as it was relatively new on the market...so in short, he doesn't know. He encouraged me to try but I don't want an unnecessary refusal listed on my file. I prefer to hear somebody's experience first.

Pls help and thanks in advance. BTW I just applied for gcms notes

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I dont agree with ur lawyer , i beleive you should be able to apply for BWP , explaining the whole scenario ,
since your AOR is in u should be able to apply for BWP

regards
mady