+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: written authorization from ircc for accompanying children (8 years and 3 years old)

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello everyone,

I am writing to get some information urgently if I need to apply for written authorization from ircc for accompanying children before we can travel.

We are a family and we will be travelling with following status.

1. Myself = Work permit holder + fully vaccinated
2. Wife = Visitor visa + fully vaccinated
3. Child (8 years old) = Study permit holder + No vaccination
4. Child (3 years old) = Visitor visa + No vaccination

Based on information provided above, please I need to know if my children (both or any) need written uthorization from ircc?

We have already booked flight ticket for the first week of November 2021 and yet I didnot apply for written authorization letter based on following assumptions

1. Parents are fully vaccinated
2. My son (8 years old) is travelling with study permit
3. My son (3 years old) is minor and according to IRCC

Children who are under 5 years of age:
Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test

Should I be allowed to travel with kids? or I should apply for their for their written authorization letter.

Any confirmed information shall be of great help. THANKS

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am writing to get some information urgently if I need to apply for written authorization from ircc for accompanying children before we can travel.

We are a family and we will be travelling with following status.

1. Myself = Work permit holder + fully vaccinated
2. Wife = Visitor visa + fully vaccinated
3. Child (8 years old) = Study permit holder + No vaccination
4. Child (3 years old) = Visitor visa + No vaccination

Based on information provided above, please I need to know if my children (both or any) need written uthorization from ircc?

We have already booked flight ticket for the first week of November 2021 and yet I didnot apply for written authorization letter based on following assumptions

1. Parents are fully vaccinated
2. My son (8 years old) is travelling with study permit
3. My son (3 years old) is minor and according to IRCC

Children who are under 5 years of age:
Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test

Should I be allowed to travel with kids? or I should apply for their for their written authorization letter.

Any confirmed information shall be of great help. THANKS
Not sure if rules have changed, but when I was travelling in August IRCC said my 2 year old (on TRV) needed an authorisation and they sent it to me. However, I was never asked for it throughout the flight. My other kids on SP didn't need one. We were all unvaccinated at that time.

I was the main applicant with a SP so not sure if the rules differ when the main applicant is a WP holder. Email IRCC and ask them for an authorization letter so long.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Not sure if rules have changed, but when I was travelling in August IRCC said my 2 year old (on TRV) needed an authorisation and they sent it to me. However, I was never asked for it throughout the flight. My other kids on SP didn't need one. We were all unvaccinated at that time.

I was the main applicant with a SP so not sure if the rules differ when the main applicant is a WP holder. Email IRCC and ask them for an authorization letter so long.
Thank you sharing your personal experience. Greatly appreciated

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi did you need an authorisation letter or your kids could travel without one?
I applied and recieved authorisation letters for everone on the same day

Exactly I have no knowlwdge if family members can travel without it. To be on safe side I applied for my family