+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Temporary Re-entry Visa Enquiry.

Freshgraduate

Feb 16, 2012
I am currently a post-graduate but had to travel backhome(Mauritius Island) while the application for my Post-grad work permit was still in process. I recently received it but the only thing is that my TRV has expired 3years ago when i was studying in Canada. Before i left Canada, i wanted to check with my Institution if i could leave the Country while my PGWP was still in process and they told me that i could and i would have to renew my TRV outside of Canada(since i will be in Mauritius). They also told me i would not need to provide proofs of funds or to show that i have a job in Canada.

But now that i am trying to look for the application of a TRV, i am getting really confused. I am not sure what are the documents that i need to get a new TRV.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this and if someone could also tell me if i should sent the application to Nairobi or Pretoria?

Thank you in advance..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I've to tell you this that YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT YOUR PGWP ALONG WITH TRV (WORKER) BEFORE YOU LEFT FOR MAURITIUS. You didn't renew your TRV for 3 years, that's just irresponsibility.

Anyway, you've to get a TRV now to re-enter Canada. As I checked with CIC, it only shows Kenya (Nairobi) deals with applications from Mauritius (not Pretoria of South Africa). Please, re-verify as I'm not from that side.

You still have to show all documents listed in the checklist (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/assets/pdfs/visas/52_1_eng.pdf). You also need to show some sort of funds. Though it shouldn't play a major role; but you can never know what the VO will want to see. Your WP is the key factor here and you can write a cover letter stating why you couldn't obtain the TRV while in Canada explaining family emergency (I assume).

You fall under 'Temporary Foreign Worker Returning To Canada' and here is the CIC-Kenya link for this:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/kenya/visas/returning_work_temp_travailler_retournant.aspx?view=d

Freshgraduate

Feb 16, 2012
I was told by the International Center of my school institution that i do not need to renew my TRV if i was not intending to leave Canada. They have also told me that i needed to wait till i receive my PGWP in order to apply for my TRV as my student permit was going to expire in December 2011. I also called the Canadian International Center to ask them and they told me the same thing. But after i sent my PGWP i had some family emergency back home and this i why i had to leave before receiving my PGWP.

But thank you so much for your kind help, really appreciated it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
They were right saying that you don't require a TRV unless you intend to leave Canada. But it was up to you as internationals tend to go back home for short while after graduation. Moreover, if you dealt with US-Detroit; you could have got TRV along with PGWP (without any additional fees) on your way back at the POE.

Go through the Kenyan CIC website and find what's required for you now. If you need more info, let us know. I would assume 4/5K would be enough for your case.

Freshgraduate

Feb 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your help.

I actually sent my application last week and have received an email today asking to send a correctly addressed cheque. But i am a bit confused but what do they mean by this "Payment in Canadian Dollars must be made payable to: Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a
bank in Canada" What does it mean to be cleared on a bank in Canada? Do i have to take a certified cheque from a Canadian Bank??

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this..

Thank you...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Freshgraduate said:
Thank you so much for your help.

I actually sent my application last week and have received an email today asking to send a correctly addressed cheque. But i am a bit confused but what do they mean by this "Payment in Canadian Dollars must be made payable to: Receiver General for Canada and should be cleared on a
bank in Canada" What does it mean to be cleared on a bank in Canada? Do i have to take a certified cheque from a Canadian Bank??

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this..

Thank you...
I was away for almost a month on vacation. I hope that you've solved your problem.

I don't know why they are asking cheque is Canadian dollars. Normally, visa payment can be done in equivalent local currency outside Canada. I think you have done mistake in the 'payee' / 'receiver' space of the cheque. It has to be "RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA".