+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Received ITA from recent Healthcare draw (based on previous experience) but working as a Food Supervisor

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some assistance here and any feedback will be appreciated.

Quick recap - I am a Dentist with 1 year experience from/in India. I completed a one year diploma in Canada and got a work permit for one year. While I am preparing for the dentist exams; I opted to work as a Food Service Supervisor and got the LMIA from my employer to support the renewal of my work permit.
Long story short, I created my EE profile with 'Food Service Supervisor' being the primary occupation and mentioned the LMIA to be specifically for the same occupation as well. I received an ITA under the recent Healthcare occupations draw and I am not sure if that applies to me or not.
The question is - Since I DO NOT have Healthcare experience in Canada, do I still continue with the application? The only experience in Canada I mentioned is the 'Food Service Supervisor'. I am really confused if I do qualify based on my Indian experience and since I have the required 1 year experience for CEC in a different NOC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

ViktorKosenko

Jul 6, 2023
Eligibility for the healthcare occupations category
To be eligible, you must

have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of full-time, continuous work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience)
  • in a single occupation listed in the table below
  • in Canada or abroad

Reactions: rajahir

Gandikota

Apr 11, 2024
Did you accept the ITA and got the PR without any issues? I am in a similar situation and got an ITA in STEM draw. Not sure whether to accept or not.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
For Express Entry, previous experience is fine. Your Primary NOC that you have used should match the draw.