+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Questions

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Hello guys. I am going to apply under CEC tomorrow. I have few questions before that, if you guys can help.
1.My Passport has no surname listed, so i have put my given name on passport(Parminderjit singh) under family name column in all the CEC documents.Should i leave Given Names column in documents blank or write N/A?
2.Should i include copies of canada visa and date stamps on passport in the application.
3.In Question 5 under Economic Classes document, how do i put the TO DATE, as i am still working in the company.
4.In Question 10 for the Generic Appication(IMM0008)for the FROM DATE,is it the date my work permit started or is the date i landed in canada as i came on study visa.

Please wish me luck and thanks you guys in anticipation.

conrts

Mar 3, 2014
Insert Quote
Hello guys. I am going to apply under CEC tomorrow. I have few questions before that, if you guys can help.
1.My Passport has no surname listed, so i have put my given name on passport(Parminderjit singh) under family name column in all the CEC documents.Should i leave Given Names column in documents blank or write N/A?
2.Should i include copies of canada visa and date stamps on passport in the application.
Yes. There is no harm in doing that.
3.In Question 5 under Economic Classes document, how do i put the TO DATE, as i am still working in the company.
Instead to TO DATE or TIL DATE use PRESENT.
4.In Question 10 for the Generic Appication(IMM0008)for the FROM DATE,is it the date my work permit started or is the date i landed in canada as i came on study visa.
FROM DATE = WP START DATE
TO DATE = SUBMISSION DATE

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks Conrts for the reply, was just confused as CEC application guide states"The dates (From – To) you have been living in your current country of residence."

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Sherry_goraya said:

Can someone please answer my Question 1 regarding the no surname on passport, and Should i include Cover Letter with my application.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
For names, you should follow what you have on official documents.
Try not to leave anything BLANK in the form (visa officer may think you have forgotten to fill out that information, may send it back).

Family name: Singh (this is the name of your family)
Given name : Parminderjit (this is the name that was given to you by your family)

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
iamroth said:
For names, you should follow what you have on official documents.
Try not to leave anything BLANK in the form (visa officer may think you have forgotten to fill out that information, may send it back).

Family name: Singh (this is the name of your family)
Given name : Parminderjit (this is the name that was given to you by your family)
Thanks for the reply but what i said was that i dont have a family name listed on my passport and Parminderjit Singh is listed as Given name on the passport.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Ok I did some snooping around and found the answer directly from CIC :)

"What do you mean by surname?

Your surname is your family name. It is sometimes called your “last name.” If your name is spelled differently on your official documents, please write your name as shown in your passport. When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document or any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application (even if the name is misspelled). Do not use initials.

If you do not have a surname on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the given name field."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=014&t=4

So in your case you will write -
Given Name: N/A
Surname : Parminderjit Singh

Good luck!