+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT, questions about obtaining PR ...

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody...

Please help me by answering one (or more) of these questions :)

1) Due to my circumstances, I have to land this in 1st of October, then I need to leave in 31 of October... then after 4 months, we will return and stay in Canada.

Will I be able to obtain my PR (me & my family) within the month of October?

2) Is there is ANYTHING that can be done to expedite the process of issuance the PR ?
or to make sure NOTHING is missing that will lead to a delay?

I need to make sure that the process will take the LEAST possible time till issuance?

3) When landing... are there major ports which are faster in processing and issuance of PR
than other ports?

I'm planning to land via Toronto (person airport), then will stay at our friend's
apartment (London, Ontario).

4) What if I leave BEFORE the issuance of PRs?

Will my friend be able to receive the PRs and send them back to us?
(I will put his address at the time of landing, to receive the PRs to that address).

5) Should ALL FAMILY MEMBERS wait for the PRs?
Or the PRINCIPLE applicant can wait alone (for his AND the other 3 PRs) and he can receive them?

I'm thinking to leave with my kids, and leave the principle applicant to collect all PR cards.

6) If i have to leave before the issuance of PR...
Is there is ANY CHANCE that they will require my presence in person to receive the cards?

Usually PR cards, are sent to the address... but my question: is there is ANY CASE that
they require me to come and receive them in person
(from post office for example? or anything similar)?

7) Are the cards themselves always sent by mail?
Or they send a "Receipt" then I have to go somewhere to get the cards?

8) Is there is any LEGAL authorization that allow someone to represent me/us
in front of CIC to receive the PR cards officially?

Including the case if they require our personal appearance to receive the card(s)?

Thanks a lot, I know these are many questions... but I'm really unable to land
more "quietly" and smoothly... that's why I'm asking for the worst case scenarios .

Mary

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Mary2009 said:
Hi everybody...

Please help me by answering one (or more) of these questions :)

1) Due to my circumstances, I have to land this in 1st of October, then I need to leave in 31 of October... then after 4 months, we will return and stay in Canada.

Will I be able to obtain my PR (me & my family) within the month of October?
somewhere in the forum i read about the timeliness which said....avg time 4 wks. So you should get it in +/- 1 weeks time

2) Is there is ANYTHING that can be done to expedite the process of issuance the PR ?
or to make sure NOTHING is missing that will lead to a delay?

I need to make sure that the process will take the LEAST possible time till issuance?

i would not be able to answer this...wait for other responses

3) When landing... are there major ports which are faster in processing and issuance of PR
than other ports?

I'm planning to land via Toronto (person airport), then will stay at our friend's
apartment (London, Ontario).

well this is an interesting question which i never thought of ???

4) What if I leave BEFORE the issuance of PRs?

Will my friend be able to receive the PRs and send them back to us?
(I will put his address at the time of landing, to receive the PRs to that address).
lots of people in this forum have done this..so i think it should be fine

5) Should ALL FAMILY MEMBERS wait for the PRs?
Or the PRINCIPLE applicant can wait alone (for his AND the other 3 PRs) and he can receive them?

I'm thinking to leave with my kids, and leave the principle applicant to collect all PR cards.
you may leave the kids with the prinicipal applicant to collect it...
but everyone need not be present to collect it......

6) If i have to leave before the issuance of PR...
Is there is ANY CHANCE that they will require my presence in person to receive the cards?

Usually PR cards, are sent to the address... but my question: is there is ANY CASE that
they require me to come and receive them in person
(from post office for example? or anything similar)?
cant answer

7) Are the cards themselves always sent by mail?
Or they send a "Receipt" then I have to go somewhere to get the cards?
everyone in the forum has talked of getting PR cards by mail (meaning post )

8) Is there is any LEGAL authorization that allow someone to represent me/us
in front of CIC to receive the PR cards officially?

Including the case if they require our personal appearance to receive the card(s)?

i dont think i can answer this.....i didnt see anything like this in the forum but maybe anyone who had to appear personally will be able to answer this

Thanks a lot, I know these are many questions... but I'm really unable to land
more "quietly" and smoothly... that's why I'm asking for the worst case scenarios .

Mary
there is an interesting post there in skilled worker forum. topiv name= Somebody's Landing Experience....Trackitt info - VERY USEFUL started by ADA

sushid0c

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. If you are lucky, you will have your PR cards in the mail within 1 month but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

2. Nothing that I know of

3. Not that I know of. The PR cards are still issued in the same place for all of Canada.

4. Your friend can receive your PR cards and mail them to you. A lot of people do this. It is not a problem.

5. You don't have to stay and wait but if one of you wants to, that is fine too.

6. No, they would not require you to receive them in person.

7. You get the first PR card by mail. When you have to renew it every 5 years, you will get a letter and you would have to go pick it up.

8. You don't have to receive them in person.

cl169

Sep 29, 2009
We are so far 8 weeks waiting for PR card...there is a delay because they changed them.

twocats

Sep 30, 2009
DO NOT expect to get your cards within one month period now - CIC has recently changed PR card design and therefore they issue cards with at least 1 month delay since the new system has not yet been sustained. DON'T WORRY - you can leave Canada without your cards and this is not a problem. To came back you have to either apply for a travel document or arrange your cards to be mailed to you by your friends or relatives.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twocats said:
... DON'T WORRY - you can leave Canada without your cards and this is not a problem. To came back you have to either apply for a travel document or arrange your cards to be mailed to you by your friends or relatives.
Thanks for your reply...

But if there is a *problem* in issuance of PR cards...
then I might be required to come in person...

at that point, can I still apply for travel document?
or it will be denied because the PR card was not issued at all (yet) even thought that
the status is "Permanent Residence" ?

Thanks,
Mary

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you land as a PR, you are a PR, whether you have a card or not. They can not refuse you a travel document based on never having had a PR card.