+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent question on LYCO parents sponsorship

nymorales03

Jun 17, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am about to send my application to sponsor my parents, I just have a few questions that are urgent, I hope someone can help:

1. LYCO for my parents and myself is 34,020,,,,I meet it barely, and this is by attaching copies of the past 12 months with 2 jobs,,,,,on my last year tax statement it says about 16,000 but this is because I worked only from June 2010,,,,,at the CIC call center they told me this was ok but that I still had to send this form with the last 12 month payslips which would be october 2010 to october 2011

2. On my last tax assesment, I applied for gst/hst credit since I was considered low income because I only worked half of 2010, and I got the credit, they deposit me about 150 every 3 months,,,,my question now is if this would affect their decision,,,that is,,,,because I barely meet LYCO and I have this credit,,,

3. In case my application was not approved,,,,I would like to appeal,,,but does anyone know if this process takes a long time? is it costly???

,,,,therefore, I dont know if it is better to apply now or to wait another year when I have more income. The thing is, it takes so long this process so I wanted to get it started asap.

tks so much, judy