+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I'm a federal government employee and I'm in the midst of applying for citizenship. Recently, I was invited via email to apply for an internal job at a higher level, which requires a security clearance that I presently lack. Acquiring this clearance without citizenship entail a lengthy process of several months (generally more than a year) potentially leading to disqualification.

1- In this scenario, would it be wise to seek urgent processing for my citizenship application?
(I possess a copy of the invitation email detailing the job requirements and the necessary security level).

2- Could anyone provide a rough estimate of how the timelines for regular and urgent applications differ?
1. Yes definitely worth a shot. There is a good chance your request will get approved.

2. Timelines vary a lot, so any estimates don’t mean much. If your UP is approved and you do not need to undergo security screening, you can usually expect a processing time of 3-4 months (could be less or more). Otherwise 6-9 months is the average right now for applicants that don’t have to undergo security screening (SS). If you need SS, that pushes the timeline to over a year easily (regardless of UP).

Reactions: Hemotep000

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
1. Yes definitely worth a shot. There is a good chance your request will get approved.

2. Timelines vary a lot, so any estimates don’t mean much. If your UP is approved and you do not need to undergo security screening, you can usually expect a processing time of 3-4 months (could be less or more). Otherwise 6-9 months is the average right now for applicants that don’t have to undergo security screening (SS). If you need SS, that pushes the timeline to over a year easily (regardless of UP).
Thank you for your detailed response! If you don't mind, I have two more questions to trouble you with.

1. Do you believe that possessing a federal government security clearance could potentially help in avoiding secondary screening?

2. Additionally, I have my application filled out and ready to submit, but I didn't select Urgent Processing when I created my profile. Would you advise me to apply now and use the webform to request Urgent Processing, or would it be better to create a new application and select the Urgent Processing option?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thank you for your detailed response! If you don't mind, I have two more questions to trouble you with.

1. Do you believe that possessing a federal government security clearance could potentially help in avoiding secondary screening?

2. Additionally, I have my application filled out and ready to submit, but I didn't select Urgent Processing when I created my profile. Would you advise me to apply now and use the webform to request Urgent Processing, or would it be better to create a new application and select the Urgent Processing option?
1. I have no idea. I suspect it won’t preclude it.
2. Create new application with urgent processing. Doing anything else will just result in delays.

Reactions: Hemotep000

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Good morning everyone,
I submitted my application last week for urgent processing and today I received AOR but it did not mention anything about my request for urgent processing. How would I know if my request is approved or not?
Please respond if anyone has any info.
Thanks

Hunarnamiq

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Canada
App. Filed.......
9 feb 2018
Good morning everyone,
I submitted my application last week for urgent processing and today I received AOR but it did not mention anything about my request for urgent processing. How would I know if my request is approved or not?
Please respond if anyone has any info.
Thanks

Same here, but I called IRCC and agent told me we are reviewing your request , once we reach to the decision on regards UP , they will email you