+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR renewal - funeral

Leedsgirl

Mar 6, 2023
I got married in 2022 and changed my name. My PR card is still valid however it is still in my maiden name. I applied on the PR portal in November 2022 and it keeps getting sent back as "photos missing". My passport arrived very quickly and is in my new married name. I wasn't stressing because I didn't have any immediate travel plans.

BUT! I just had a bereavement, non family member, but he was my best friend's father, grew up like a second father to me etc. and he died very suddenly, had a heart attack and couldn't be saved. My best friend is pregnant and her dad died 4 days before her wedding, so she is understandably a mess. I want to go to the funeral to support her, I don't have flights booked as we are awaiting the body to be released, no firm date on the funeral but we think it will be the end of march/early April. There is also no death certificate until the coroners report is done.

I tried to call IRCC 1 million times today and it just says they are too busy to connect me to an agent.

So I printed new application forms, got new pictures taken, sent in my marriage certificate and a letter explaining why it is urgent and sent it express mail to the processing center in NS

What happens if I don't get it back in time?

I don't have time to go to a visa centre overseas to get a PR travel doc. Some people told me to travel with my old PR card and my marriage certificate.

Others have suggested I fly to buffalo and drive across the border.

I have no clue what to do.

Thanks in advance