+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Permanent Resident Card application

alexandrus

Jan 23, 2014
I sent my application a few weeks ago. Today I got a letter in the mail saying:

For the purpose of determining if you have upheld the residency obligations in meeting the requirements for a Permanent Resident Card and in accordance with section 28 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, please provide us with proof of your residency in Canada for the period 22 January 2009 to 22 January 2014. Please submit a copy of the following documents dated within the period specified above:
- Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are clearly legible.
- Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled

This is pretty much all it says. The thing is, I already sent that first part together with my application. I only had one passport in the past 5 years but it was issued in 2011 in my home country just before I came back to Canada because I lost the previous one so I only sent copies of that one. From 22 January 2009 to mid 2011 I lived in my home country and I didn't need a passport. Could this be the reason why they are asking for all this again? If so, how do I explain it? Do I just send all the photocopies of the passport I have and a letter explaining that the passport I had before that was lost? I don't even understand how this could be an issue as it would be safe to assume it had expired earlier than 22 January 2009 or something like that. In my case I lost the passport, but it's exactly the same thing.

The second point I don't understand at all. Where and how do I get that certificate? Couldn't they be a bit more specific? Especially taking into account that I can't even call anyone and ask about this, having to rely on a crappy FAQ in their website?
Also, I have not travelled to any other country other than my home country and Canada. I doubt they even have such a record of me in my country of origin considering I'm a national there.

Any help, please?

alexandrus

Jan 23, 2014
Bump. I honestly don't know what I have to do and I would rather not spend money with a lawyer for something like this.

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They want explanation..if u lost ur passport have file police report on.ur country or in canada...before geting new passport...or if not explanation letter from.ur country that they have record of lost passport from.u...on such and such dates etc...confirming that....

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U know better how u lost the passport...when lost it did u report it in that city of ur country...if yrs provode a copy of it...if nit it shows ur passport is not lost may be its mis use some where...RCMP has record of it where it was used by some one...but they dont tell u...they report immigration...just for ur knowledge not blaming u...seen one case before that and guy admit later when they told the guy whole story what happen to his passport..he was involve use of his pasport...becareful...