+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student stream

Chris38374

Mar 1, 2023
Hi guys, I have a few questions about the OINP Employer Job offer: International Student Stream

I just graduated from a college in Ontario and landed a NOC B job in NOC code 2282 - User Support Technician. ( TEER 2 in the new system )

My questions are as follow:

1. By job offer letter do they mean LMIA or any job offer?
2. My job is remote. I work from home ( in ontario ) and currently reside in non GTA. My job offer letter states the following: "a home office in ontario". The company has offices in ontario, and a few other provinces. Is my job eligible since it's work from home? If yes, which one do I claim here:

Regionalization
Regional immigration: location of job offer

• Northern Ontario – 10 points
  • Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points
  • Inside GTA (except Toronto) – 3 points
  • Toronto – 0 points

3. How many points can I claim for:

Earnings history
Based on a Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in the last five years.
  • $40k or more earnings in a year – 3 points
  • Less than $40k earnings in a year – 0 points
I've only worked for a few months in this job and I'm paid on an hourly basis..? How would this work?

Would appreciate a speedy response as it's a bit urgent, thank you very much!

@Naturgrl @scylla @wonderbly and any other experienced members on this forum, I would really appreciate your input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I have a few questions about the OINP Employer Job offer: International Student Stream

I just graduated from a college in Ontario and landed a NOC B job in NOC code 2282 - User Support Technician. ( TEER 2 in the new system )

2. My job is remote. I work from home ( in ontario ) and currently reside in non GTA. My job offer letter states the following: "a home office in ontario". The company has offices in ontario, and a few other provinces. Is my job eligible since it's work from home? If yes, which one do I claim here:

Regionalization

• Toronto – 0 points

Earnings history
Based on a Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency in the last five years.
I've only worked for a few months in this job and I'm paid on an hourly basis..? How would this work?

@Naturgrl @scylla @wonderbly and any other experienced members on this forum, I would really appreciate your input.
Don't know. Not familiar enough with this program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Regionalization

• Toronto – 0 points

Earnings history

Do not need a LMIA but your employer needs to meet all the requirements and fill out all the paperwork. Does employer meet all the requirements and will support your nomination? Points are for where employer is located not your job offer letter.

Chris38374

Mar 1, 2023
Do not need a LMIA but your employer needs to meet all the requirements and fill out all the paperwork. Does employer meet all the requirements and will support your nomination? Points are for where employer is located not your job offer letter.
I haven't asked my employer yet. And my employer has offices in ontario, alberta, atlantic regions. So I assume the form they fill in they will put my office is in the ontario office?
Do employers usually fill out these forms for PNP candidates?
Also thank you for your reply :) Are you familiar of any of the other questions I asked? Would really help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I haven't asked my employer yet. And my employer has offices in ontario, alberta, atlantic regions. So I assume the form they fill in they will put my office is in the ontario office?
Do employers usually fill out these forms for PNP candidates?
Also thank you for your reply :) Are you familiar of any of the other questions I asked? Would really help!
Yes. Must show business registration with offices in Ontario.Employer must fill out the forms. Attached is the employer checklist with all the documentation and forms they must fill. It is not just a job offer.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-streams-employer-checklist

You get points for wherever the office is located. If in GTA, no points.You need NOA to count points.

Chris38374

Mar 1, 2023
Yes. Must show business registration with offices in Ontario.Employer must fill out the forms. Attached is the employer checklist with all the documentation and forms they must fill. It is not just a job offer.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-streams-employer-checklist

You get points for wherever the office is located. If in GTA, no points.You need NOA to count points.
That link mentions that the job offer has to mention the office, NOC code and bunch of other information. However, my original offer letter for my position mentions none of that and I'm already working. So would they have to custom make me a new offer letter? What happens to the experience that I've already gathered..?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That link mentions that the job offer has to mention the office, NOC code and bunch of other information. However, my original offer letter for my position mentions none of that and I'm already working. So would they have to custom make me a new offer letter? What happens to the experience that I've already gathered..?
You need an employment letter that includes all the information on the OINP site as well as filling out the employer form (business registration, number of employees, revenue, posted job etc.). Your experience will count. You need to talk to your employer about whether they will support your nomination.

Sep 11, 2022
Mississauga
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Hi,

I'm also applying for this program.

1. Your employer will need to fill out the Employer Form. I don't think that LMIA is required.
2. Please refer below
In cases where the applicant will work at more than one location, the location where the applicant will report to work means either:
  • the location where the applicant’s immediate supervisor or manager works, or
  • the location of the administrative office where the applicant will receive work assignments
3. This is based on the Notice of Assessment issued by CRA. If you haven't filed taxes before, you'll not be eligible.

Chris38374

Mar 1, 2023
Hi,

I'm also applying for this program.

1. Your employer will need to fill out the Employer Form. I don't think that LMIA is required.
2. Please refer below
In cases where the applicant will work at more than one location, the location where the applicant will report to work means either:
  • the location where the applicant’s immediate supervisor or manager works, or
  • the location of the administrative office where the applicant will receive work assignments
3. This is based on the Notice of Assessment issued by CRA. If you haven't filed taxes before, you'll not be eligible.
Are there good chances of getting selected by this PNP with a score of 82? Also, may I ask, how to ask an employer to fill in these documents? Do all employers do it or..? I'm not too sure how to go ahead with this approach so any tips would help :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are there good chances of getting selected by this PNP with a score of 82? Also, may I ask, how to ask an employer to fill in these documents? Do all employers do it or..? I'm not too sure how to go ahead with this approach so any tips would help :)
You can see information about previous draws here and cut offs to assess your chances: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp-invitations-apply

You would simply ask your employer if they are willing to complete the paperwork and provide them with the details of what they need to complete and provide. Depending on how your company is structured you would either speak with your people manager or call HR. No, not all employers are willing to go through the process. Some will not go through the process which means that applying through this program is not possible for their employees. Examples include the big banks. If you happen to work for one of the big banks, there's honestly no point in even asking. They won't do it.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All employers have to do fill out the forms and sign off so you have to ask if employer is willing to support your nomination. Speak to your HR manager. If not, the job offer stream is not an option to do it.

Sep 11, 2022
Mississauga
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
82 is just enough to pass according to the most recent draw of this stream. May I have the breakdown of your score? Mine is 72 and I'm trying to see which area to improve on.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2023
You need an employment letter that includes all the information on the OINP site as well as filling out the employer form (business registration, number of employees, revenue, posted job etc.). Your experience will count. You need to talk to your employer about whether they will support your nomination.
Hey,

I am planing to apply through OINP international student stream but I have some questions could you please help me?

1. You must continue to be employed in the approved employment position during the nomination period (i.e. until you receive permanent residence). This means that your terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period. This includes your:
    • employer
    • position title and duties
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location
This is the information that I found under the OINP international Student Stream

I hope this message finds you well. I recently reviewed the guidelines for the OINP International Student Stream and have a few questions that I would appreciate your assistance with:

1. Nomination Period Explanation: I'm seeking clarification regarding the "nomination period" mentioned in the OINP guidelines. Could you please provide a detailed explanation? I'm a bit confused about whether this refers to the time until I receive the nomination certificate and notification letter or the time until I receive permanent residence status.

2. Layoff During Non-Express Entry PR Application Processing: In the unfortunate event that my employer lays me off after I have received the nomination certificate and notification letter but before my PR application is processed, do I need to inform your team? And would such a circumstance potentially lead to my PR application being rejected?

3. Changing Employers in Ontario ( incase employer will lay off me): If I were to switch employers and join a new company within Ontario while my PR application is in progress, would I still remain eligible for the PR application under the OINP International Student Stream?

curious_dev

Jan 18, 2024
Hi Ridham,
I have the same questions. Were you able to find their answers?
If yes, could you please share here?
Thanks