Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
Hello Members,

My mom got an interview for finalizing her PR application in H&C category. Interview is on 16th May and due to inland application there was no passport request. If everything went well then we will be issued COPR then and there. And, for interview CIC has arranged to come to local office of CIC in Edmonton.

I am very much nervous on this interview. What kind of questions will be asked, would they refuse at the last moment etc? Please share your experiences and some guidance if someone has got into the same situation.

navneetgarg120

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
IELTS Request
07-11-2009
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2012, 04-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-03-2012, 05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
Sorry to bump up. But I am getting tensed with date approaching near. Any experience or suggestion is welcome.

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
I am certainly no expert on H & C applications, but I do know that to be successful, you would need to make sure there is sufficient proof of your mother's efforts to establish in Canada (working/volunteering/LINC), that she is not on social assistance, has direct involvement in the care of any children under 18 who may be here in Canada, lack of readily available medical care in her country of origin, fear of domestic violence or of discrimination (not the same as persecution as would be the case in a refugee claim). I am not sure, but I don't think there is always an interview in the case of H & C applications, so I'm guessing there may be something in your mother's application that needs clarification, hence the interview. Do you have a lawyer or an immigration consultant handling this? She or he should certainly be prepping you.

navneetgarg120

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
IELTS Request
07-11-2009
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2012, 04-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-03-2012, 05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
Thank you Yelsew for some inputs. We do have a lawyer and as per him this should be a just formality. He asked to be prepared for basic questions like funds proof, social assistance, medical condition etc. But I do agree with you that there might be something that needs clarification. However, as per CAIPS notes there doesn't seems to be any doubt on the application.
Not sure if they keep asking everything from scratch, we wouldn't be prepared for that.

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
Thank you Yelsew for some inputs. We do have a lawyer and as per him this should be a just formality. He asked to be prepared for basic questions like funds proof, social assistance, medical condition etc. But I do agree with you that there might be something that needs clarification. However, as per CAIPS notes there doesn't seems to be any doubt on the application.
Not sure if they keep asking everything from scratch, we wouldn't be prepared for that.
Hi Navneet - Can you pls share lawyer details here or privately ? thanks. Would like to connect with you if you can spare some time. thanks..

satfan

Apr 10, 2012
Hello Navneet,
Would really appreciate any feedback/recommendations fon type of documents that you attcahed with H&C application as my case is also same as yours.
Am kinda in same boat and were almost thinking about applying under H&C but then we ended up applying under regular PR. My younger brother died and I brought my mom here on Super visa but while she was here the other elder son also died in India. Now, she is stuck here and her visa going to expire soon. On the other hand, the regular PR which we applied in January 2016 was "intially" processed very fast and till now everything is done. But now from last couple months it's just shows "In Process" status online and everything is standstill. Basically we are waiting for their decision and request for passport submission. So, now with her visa expiring soon and with fianncial burden of buying insurance every year it looks like we should have done H&C as there's no one in India who can take care of her and I am here with my family (son and husband). Would really apprecaite any recommnedation especially types of letters, pictures, documents that you sent with your application.
Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Rita

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello Navneet,
Would really appreciate any feedback/recommendations fon type of documents that you attcahed with H&C application as my case is also same as yours.
Am kinda in same boat and were almost thinking about applying under H&C but then we ended up applying under regular PR. My younger brother died and I brought my mom here on Super visa but while she was here the other elder son also died in India. Now, she is stuck here and her visa going to expire soon. On the other hand, the regular PR which we applied in January 2016 was "intially" processed very fast and till now everything is done. But now from last couple months it's just shows "In Process" status online and everything is standstill. Basically we are waiting for their decision and request for passport submission. So, now with her visa expiring soon and with fianncial burden of buying insurance every year it looks like we should have done H&C as there's no one in India who can take care of her and I am here with my family (son and husband). Would really apprecaite any recommnedation especially types of letters, pictures, documents that you sent with your application.
Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Rita
Hi, if you submit an inland H&C application be certain to keep your mother's visitor status valid. The situation that you are describing is a part of the origins of the H&C process so that's a good start. You should probably retain competent counsel experienced with Canada's Immigration process.

The decision-maker should be looking at what conditions exist that prevent your mother from applying outside of Canada. The deaths of her (only?) close relatives in India is a positive factor although an unfortunate event, and any cultural information regarding the need for an elderly (is she elderly?) woman in India to have reliable male relatives for certain common actions to be performed - shopping, interacting with government officials (I am not an expert on any gender issues in India and expertise is needed). These are examples of hardships that might lead a reasonable person to decide that she should have her PR application processed in Canada.

Are there children in your home and has everyone developed a significant bond that make for her leaving (especially under such dire and lonely consequences) that the kids will be affected negatively by seeing their most senior relative, whom they love, forced to retire to a lonely and possibly hostile life in India.., and my italics just locked up....

She may have made friends in the community (letters of support) be attending the temple and be active there (letters).

If you look at the site https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html then you can go through the main factors that they consider and think about how they apply to your mum. We don`t think like this naturally so this is why a good lawyer helps but likewise, these aren`t rare and common, real issues exist for circumstances JUST such as yours. Your mother`s age is likely to be important as well.

I wish you the best