+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!!URGENT!! I forgot to put Native Language Name on IMM5406 //Spousal Sponsorship inside Canada//

MangPa0131

Feb 14, 2018
Hello,

I'm posting my question three times......:(

I found I forgot to put Native Language Name of my parents and myself on IMM5406 after I sent my application.
Could anyone advise me if my application will be returned because of the mistake?
Is there any possible way to avoid that situation? Please!!

Thank you

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm posting my question three times......:(

I found I forgot to put Native Language Name of my parents and myself on IMM5406 after I sent my application.
Could anyone advise me if my application will be returned because of the mistake?
Is there any possible way to avoid that situation? Please!!

Thank you
The instruction in the forms ask that the names be completed in English and your native language.
If you think you made a mistake, better to correct it now by re-sending only the updated IMM5406 form (and not the entire application package) to IRCC or Visa Office by mail or via webform.....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: MangPa0131

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
i also forgot, but my app was not return and currently is in progress since may 2017

MangPa0131

Feb 14, 2018
The instruction in the forms ask that the names be completed in English and your native language.
If you think you made a mistake, better to correct it now by re-sending only the updated IMM5406 form (and not the entire application package) to IRCC or Visa Office by mail or via webform.....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Thank you for your kind reply!! I tried webform, but I couldn't send because I don't have any application number.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you for your kind reply!! I tried webform, but I couldn't send because I don't have any application number.
if you recently applied and yet to receive UCI or Application Number......you could send only the updated IMM5406 by Mail.
Its up to you.....Good luck.

MangPa0131

Feb 14, 2018
Hi did this affect your application process? I just realized I completely forgot this as well. Ugh!!!
Nope :) I was able to get PR! Even though I got it without any issue, but it is better to contact them or send updated form through webform just in case because everything is case by case! Good luck!

Reactions: express2020

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Nope :) I was able to get PR! Even though I got it without any issue, but it is better to contact them or send updated form through webform just in case because everything is case by case! Good luck!
Hi,
Did you wait till you receive AOR to send updated IMM5406. I missed to write name in native language.

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hi,
Did you wait till you receive AOR to send updated IMM5406. I missed to write name in native language.
Call IRCC and get your application number before AOR is issued - you may not get AOR if your app is sent back. Submit the updated form via web form and include your app number in your explanation letter, they can then link your updated form with your full application package. I did this and my app wasn’t sent back.

Reactions: rsky

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Call IRCC and get your application number before AOR is issued - you may not get AOR if your app is sent back. Submit the updated form via web form and include your app number in your explanation letter, they can then link your updated form with your full application package. I did this and my app wasn’t sent back.
I think they will be not be able to to give application number this time as I just applied. Some Forum friends called and received temporary number. I will call and see what they will say. You applied for 2018 ?

funboy101

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think they will be not be able to to give application number this time as I just applied. Some Forum friends called and received temporary number. I will call and see what they will say. You applied for 2018 ?
Since your app has already been delivered, call and get the temporary app number. It starts with an X. Include this temporary number when you send your updated form. I had the same problem as you and sent the updated form this way and got AOR. 2018 applicant.

Reactions: rsky

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Since your app has already been delivered, call and get the temporary app number. It starts with an X. Include this temporary number when you send your updated form. I had the same problem as you and sent the updated form this way and got AOR. 2018 applicant.
Thank you so much Friend.

Reactions: funboy101

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Don't worry about this problem at all. I forgot to put names in native language and it was totally fine. My visa was issued without any problem. All the best!

Reactions: Chloe17 and rsky

Clark1228

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,
Hi, how does your application go finally? I found that I made the same mistake that I miss my partner's sister's name in the native language.