+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - How do you know if I applied under SPP or General?

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Well, my consultant basically gave me all the DOCS which also had the SPP checklist form at the top...
And I went and gave the whole bunch to the VFS office...I paid and they gave me a receipt

NOWHERE DID I GET ANY FORM OR NOWHERE DID I HAVE TO MENTION THAT I WANT TO APPLY UNDER SPP, GENERAL OR UNIVERSITY CATEGORY!

WOW I FEEL VERY NERVOUS NOW...someone please clear this mess up :/

Where do we have to mention that we want to apply under SPP, General or University category?

God help me :-\ :-X

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
If he included an SPP checklist, then you applied under SPP otherwise there would be a General checklist

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
GTO911 said:
If he included an SPP checklist, then you applied under SPP otherwise there would be a General checklist
He included SPP checklist and ticked as we'll....but bro, isn't there any other specification on some form which makes it clear which category it is?

so the person simply looks at the checklist and decides himself which category it is based on the checklist?

No elsewhere is it necessary to mention it?

thanks mate!

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
visacoming said:
He included SPP checklist and ticked as we'll....but bro, isn't there any other specification on some form which makes it clear which category it is?

so the person simply looks at the checklist and decides himself which category it is based on the checklist?

No elsewhere is it necessary to mention it?

thanks mate!
SPP checklist for SPP

University checklist for University

General checklist for non SPP eligible and non University students

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A checklist advises on which documents to apply with, so if your consultant added an SPP checklist your whole application package was made according to SPP requirements.

Your application has been filed under SPP

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
GTO911 said:
SPP checklist for SPP

University checklist for University

General checklist for non SPP eligible and non University students

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A checklist advises on which documents to apply with, so if your consultant added an SPP checklist your whole application package was made according to SPP requirements.

Your application has been filed under SPP
Yes we filed using SPP docs,but how does the person who arranges the docs at VFS/or any other person who first sees the docs
know which category one is applying into....just the SPP checklist?

why isn't my mind not ready to accept that just the checklist makes the person know which category has the applicant applied to?

So...lets say even if I put all SPP docs, except SPP checklist, but put GENERAL checklist instead....then it would have been filed as general right? even though the docs I sent were as per SPP checklist?

Please answer...thank you ver much! :)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
visacoming said:
Yes we filed using SPP docs,but how does the person who arranges the docs at VFS/or any other person who first sees the docs

why isn't my mind not ready to accept that just the checklist makes the person know which category has the applicant applied to?

So...lets say even if I put all SPP docs, except SPP checklist, but put GENERAL checklist instead....then it would have been filed as general right? even though the docs I sent were as per SPP checklist?

lol do u know what a checklist is? its a list of documents which u tick off as u add to ur application. so if u add SPP checklist and check of the documents u added as per the checklist u will have all SPP documents. if u use general u will miss some documents and they will either ask for those documents or reject u application. u need to read about study permit application and not be ignorant about the process and just blindly believe ur consultants. good start is the checklist
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5818E.pdf

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
mead said:
lol do u know what a checklist is? its a list of documents which u tick off as u add to ur application. so if u add SPP checklist and check of the documents u added as per the checklist u will have all SPP documents. if u use general u will miss some documents and they will either ask for those documents or reject u application. u need to read about study permit application and not be ignorant about the process and just blindly believe ur consultants. good start is the checklist
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5818E.pdf
Hi...I know what the checklist is, in my case we it was a bunch of 2-4 docs and on 1st page itself there is a list, my consultant ticked as per the docs submitted...ofcourse it was the SPP checklist

My only concern is(maybe because Im too nervous) :
I just want to confirm , is the checklist the only thing based on which they decide in which category Im applying?

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
visacoming said:

VFS guys do nothing, they arrange your file and send it to the embassy. Visa officers sees your file looks for the checklist and checks your file according to the checklist you added, simple as that

Putting General checklist with SPP docs? Why would anyone do that?

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
visacoming said:
I just want to confirm , is the checklist the only thing based on which they decide in which category Im applying?
The category you are applying in is a Study Permit, rest all is a way to arrange your documents according to your profile.

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
GTO911 said:
Putting General checklist with SPP docs? Why would anyone do that?
No its just an imaginary scenario..in that case VO will see it as a general application,right?and ask for more docs or just reject it...right bro?

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
visacoming said:
No its just an imaginary scenario..in that case VO will see it as a general application,right?and ask for more docs or just reject it...right bro?

Depends, in this scenario where you attach Generic checklist and do not attach Income proofs (Not required under SPP) your case will be refused.

Nevertheless it is idiotic to do so, same as sending an expired passport with your application