+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Help required !!

ak1234

Apr 4, 2007
Hi,

I live in USA. I got my PR last year and completed my landing in November 2006.

My wife and elder son also got their PR last year with me and we are planning to complete the landing next week sometime around 12th April 2007 (2 days before visa expiry).

We had a son born in USA in January 2007. He is a US citizen and holds a US passport. For my younger son's immigration, I had contacted buffalo office after his birth who transfered my query to new york consulate. At NY they advised me, by email, that I had to file his immigration papers with Mississauga office and for that I have to be in Canada. I have the papers ready and was planning to submit as soon as we go to Canada next week. So far so good.

Couple of days ago I received a call from NY canadian consulate from a lady who basically was not a happy camper and asked me about landing for my elder son & wife and also about my younger son. She told me that my wife and elder son have full right to complete the landing and enter canada BUT there is no guarantee that my son, who is a US citizen, will be allowed to enter canada with us, as the officer at POE can determine that he would be ineligible for entry based on "Intent for Immigration"!! She said I need to take my chances and it's upto the officer at POE. (I plan to drive and enter through either Fort Erie or Niagara).

I am confused. Is there a real possibility of my 3 month old son being denied entry in Canada? Please advise... any help is appreciated.

Magik

Mar 29, 2007
Hello. Just so you know I am an American who came to Canada 4 years ago.I drove across the border at the Rainbow brigde in Buffalo. I told them that I was moving to Canada and that I had not started the Immaration prosses yet. There was no problem coming in. I've crossed into the States a couple of times and never had a problem. You should be fine brng your child into Canada. I can't see anyone telling you you can't bring a baby into the country, I brought a 3 year old over just fine.