+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Help regarding Police clearance!

Astro98

Sep 20, 2022
I have applied for pcc after getting married in Canada. I gave address as per my passport which is old address before marriage. The police officer who went at my house said verification will only be done at my in laws address and cancelled my verification twice. I did attached marriage certificate and copy of my husband’s passport but still he refused. I have emailed consulate general as well but no response is received. Should I withdraw my application put single in marital status and reapply? Please help me.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have applied for pcc after getting married in Canada. I gave address as per my passport which is old address before marriage. The police officer who went at my house said verification will only be done at my in laws address and cancelled my verification twice. I did attached marriage certificate and copy of my husband’s passport but still he refused. I have emailed consulate general as well but no response is received. Should I withdraw my application put single in marital status and reapply? Please help me.
Which country? India?
Stating "single" will be misinterpretion.

Last edited:

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
is he added on your passport? and give ur inlaws address, you dont need any proof of address for india

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes, India
This is what I did I submitted my parent's family rartion card with my name striked off and saying married and my in laws family ration card with my name added as daughter-in-law. Didn't remember the exact procedure but pretty sure it was like that.
You know the legal help with their mobile offices set up outside court usually they have the solution to these things.

Astro98

Sep 20, 2022
is he added on your passport? and give ur inlaws address, you dont need any proof of address for india
No, he is not added on my passport.
No, his name is not added yet. I have sent my original passport as well for verification. So do I need to withdraw my application, to get my documents back and then apply to add my spouse’s name. Another question that I have, how can I give my in-laws’s address if I apply again, as we have to put same address on application that is on our passport.
Torontopcc emailed me to send another address for verification so I provided them my in-laws address but I haven’t got any confirmation of visit. It’s been more than 2 weeks now, usually they send confirmation email in 4-5 days. I have emailed them explaining whole situation but no reply is received. What should I do?

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
No, he is not added on my passport.

No, his name is not added yet. I have sent my original passport as well for verification. So do I need to withdraw my application, to get my documents back and then apply to add my spouse’s name. Another question that I have, how can I give my in-laws’s address if I apply again, as we have to put same address on application that is on our passport.
Torontopcc emailed me to send another address for verification so I provided them my in-laws address but I haven’t got any confirmation of visit. It’s been more than 2 weeks now, usually they send confirmation email in 4-5 days. I have emailed them explaining whole situation but no reply is received. What should I do?
ask your relatives in india to visit the local p station that you mentioned on the app. Those guys can track with the app number.

Sharma_Gudiya

Jun 23, 2022
HI there, Have you received your pcc? I am in the same situation

Aman Kaur01

Apr 9, 2024
Hi, we are facing the same issue. It will be a great help if you will let me know how you guys have done it?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, we are facing the same issue. It will be a great help if you will let me know how you guys have done it?
Sorry not OP but the you can show your in-laws ration card being added and also a copy of your parent's side your name taken out....
Hope this helps....