+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed concerning child update!

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hello,

I have contacted cic via webform 3 times to add my newborn to my application but I still haven't received any reply so far from them.
Dates I contacted cic via webform:
15th of Feb
23rd of Feb
3rd of March

It is written in the automated reply that turnaround time for response is 10 business days but it has been almost 1 month since first contact.

I am concerned as I do not know where to send the documents for the update. Anyone who recently performed an update via webform and already got a reply?

I tried calling cic via phone but i cannot as I am from abroad. The number 1-613-944-4000 did not work for me.

Can anyone help me?

Also could you please confirm that I have correctly understood the AOR email received below. It says "go to www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry."

On the page that I should go, i did not understand what I should do. Should i select my country then follow the case specific enquiry part? or should I contact the office stated at bottom of the AOR email meaning Centralized office intake? But i do not have option to contact them via webform. Or should I send the update documents to Nova Scotia directly?

AOR Email received:

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Centralized Intake Office
P.O Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada