+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Credit card payment declined

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
I was trying to submit my documents, make a payment today and unfortunately credit card got declined. In CIC page, it is showing processing payment. I have 2 days left to submit eAPR. What should I do next? Is my entire profile dead?

I got fraud alert from bank to confirm the transaction, and I confirmed. I have sufficient balance in the card. Will they attempt to charge my card again after some time or what happens?

I am in US and I used chase card, if that matters.
 
 

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
2,059
1,234
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
5122
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I dont think so.. I remember there was a notice before paying, what happens in that case.. there was nothing alarming about the canceling of the application as I can remember.
 

Rocky127

Hero Member
May 18, 2016
251
33
Category........
NOC Code......
1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happened to me too .

All you have to do is to call customer care and it won't be declined next time

Cheers
 

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
Rocky127 said:
Happened to me too .

All you have to do is to call customer care and it won't be declined next time

Cheers
Thanks for sharing this Rocky. Given the buggy system and poor tech support, my concern was on how long would it take for the system to identify the failed payment and let me do the transaction again. I was tight on time as I just had time only till midnight of April 26th to submit the application and without payment processing it doesn't deem the application submission to be complete. It also kept showing system maintenance note on 25th EST morning for two hours which further concerned me like anything.

Thankfully the status changed from processing payment to continue application again after two hours. I got email from Chase to validate if that transaction was legit, and once I gave 'Yes' to that, the message mentioned that it will identify any transactions from that merchant again as a valid transaction and won't be declined. I tried again using the same card after 2 hours, and I got AOR too. Adding the experience here as it might calm someone's nerves in future!

Thanks astralsource for your inputs too.
 

Rocky127

Hero Member
May 18, 2016
251
33
Category........
NOC Code......
1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This was exactly my case but I called chase and told them , they said it should work the next time

10mins later of my failed transaction at CIC, i tried again and it went thru and got my AOR too.

If i remember correctly, you and I connected on FBI PCC also.

Most of our cases are pretty similar :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: pino1130
 

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
Rocky127 said:
This was exactly my case but I called chase and told them , they said it should work the next time

10mins later of my failed transaction at CIC, i tried again and it went thru and got my AOR too.

If i remember correctly, you and I connected on FBI PCC also.

Most of our cases are pretty similar :)
Yeah, I remember the FBI PCC connection! We got ITAs on same dates (Jan 25) too I believe!

Good luck to see the golden email soon!
 

spth38

Hero Member
Jan 11, 2014
322
129
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
0601
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Try different credit cards.. I got my third card working... ;D
 

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
spth38 said:
Try different credit cards.. I got my third card working... ;D
Well if the card was declined due to fraud reasons and once you sort it out with the bank, it is better to use same card to avoid be declined again and again. The transaction description has high likelihood of raising red flags for fraud with any payment system, so better to stick to one card after sorting out issues with it.
 

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
eng.ahamdi said:
I am in the same situation. How long did it take to change back from "Payment Processing" to "Submit Application"?
1 to 2 hours. I got continue / decline invitation option after that. If your card was declined for fraud, make sure that you sort it out with the bank and use the same card again to be able to be successful. The transaction description is pretty unusual that any system would flag it a fraud. So better to use same card after informing bank that it's a legit transaction.
 
 

Julianasnr

Full Member
Nov 19, 2014
28
0
NOC Code......
2112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
Thanks for sharing this Rocky. Given the buggy system and poor tech support, my concern was on how long would it take for the system to identify the failed payment and let me do the transaction again. I was tight on time as I just had time only till midnight of April 26th to submit the application and without payment processing it doesn't deem the application submission to be complete. It also kept showing system maintenance note on 25th EST morning for two hours which further concerned me like anything.

Thankfully the status changed from processing payment to continue application again after two hours. I got email from Chase to validate if that transaction was legit, and once I gave 'Yes' to that, the message mentioned that it will identify any transactions from that merchant again as a valid transaction and won't be declined. I tried again using the same card after 2 hours, and I got AOR too. Adding the experience here as it might calm someone's nerves in future!

Thanks astralsource for your inputs too.
How long after payment accepted did you receive the AOR?

And I just wanted to thank you for writing this post. It did calm my nerves. I was having a nervous meltdown because the credit card got declined and I only had 1 more day to send the application. I saw your post, waited 1 hour and the status "Processing payment" left and the Continue Application button showed up again.
 

Rocky127

Hero Member
May 18, 2016
251
33
Category........
NOC Code......
1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got AOR in 5mins after my card went rhough 2nd time
 

ksharma516

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
60
2
1 to 2 hours. I got continue / decline invitation option after that. If your card was declined for fraud, make sure that you sort it out with the bank and use the same card again to be able to be successful. The transaction description is pretty unusual that any system would flag it a fraud. So better to use same card after informing bank that it's a legit transaction.
Hi Deepcur, I have a same issue. I got an invitation last week. Today, when I click on "Transmit an Pay", then I got an error message. I didn't even get the window to enter my visa. But now when I login back to my account, "continue / decline invitation" option is disappears. I'm worried as I don't know what should I do? Looks like you had a similar issue. Could you please tell me what did you do? Thanks
 

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
2,428
639
Hi Deepcur, I have a same issue. I got an invitation last week. Today, when I click on "Transmit an Pay", then I got an error message. I didn't even get the window to enter my visa. But now when I login back to my account, "continue / decline invitation" option is disappears. I'm worried as I don't know what should I do? Looks like you had a similar issue. Could you please tell me what did you do? Thanks
Just give it some hours.. You will get your application back with provision to submit.
 
 

Deep singh dhillon

Hero Member
Aug 15, 2020
261
107
Sir I have to face unique situation.i am mpnp applicant. Ipaid full fee.there are generate payment receipt. Send this recipient to Sydney with full application..after a few days, I come to know that whole amount is refunded. I contacted cic they responded that your payment receipt is still valid..should I repay. If yes then how. Because I don't get uci number by now ..I m quite worrying because my nomination will expire soon
 

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
84
31
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2174
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Thanks for sharing this Rocky. Given the buggy system and poor tech support, my concern was on how long would it take for the system to identify the failed payment and let me do the transaction again. I was tight on time as I just had time only till midnight of April 26th to submit the application and without payment processing it doesn't deem the application submission to be complete. It also kept showing system maintenance note on 25th EST morning for two hours which further concerned me like anything.

Thankfully the status changed from processing payment to continue application again after two hours. I got email from Chase to validate if that transaction was legit, and once I gave 'Yes' to that, the message mentioned that it will identify any transactions from that merchant again as a valid transaction and won't be declined. I tried again using the same card after 2 hours, and I got AOR too. Adding the experience here as it might calm someone's nerves in future!

Thanks astralsource for your inputs too.
Thanks for sharing this. Your words haven't gone in vain. A proud beneficiary of this info. :)