+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent citizenship processing to become eligible for high-level federal positions.

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
Hi,

As a public servant with plans to pursue citizenship shortly, I'm curious: Would seeking a higher level federal position justify expediting my citizenship application? Given that certain roles demand heightened security clearance, and being a permanent resident poses a disadvantage in such competitions, does it seem reasonable to consider urgent processing in this context?

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

As a public servant with plans to pursue citizenship shortly, I'm curious: Would seeking a higher level federal position justify expediting my citizenship application? Given that certain roles demand heightened security clearance, and being a permanent resident poses a disadvantage in such competitions, does it seem reasonable to consider urgent processing in this context?

Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Job is one of the criteria. Detail you provided above, provide the same to IRCC and see if they approve it.