+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT ADVICE - Wrong Passport number in Dubai Police Clearance Certificate

pmgadhvi

Oct 23, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for Dubai Police Clearance certificate. Although the process was fast and smooth, only until when they sent me the certificate with my old passport number on it. Now my situation is how would CIC take this? Dubai police issued me the certificate with my old passport number which I had my residence visa on. Now that passport is expired and I have a renewed passport now, issued here in Toronto. I had also sent my existing passport copy along with my application. I am not sure if it was a error or they only issue certificate based on the passport # they have on records or on the residence visa of UAE. I am confused to what to do now. Shall I upload the certificate which Dubai police gave me? Or get a new certificate again and go through all the process?

If any one has landed in such situation or have been in such situation before, Please share your experience and out come.

Thank You for your time and advise.

PG

samuelct

Apr 20, 2021
Hi
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for Dubai Police Clearance certificate. Although the process was fast and smooth, only until when they sent me the certificate with my old passport number on it. Now my situation is how would CIC take this? Dubai police issued me the certificate with my old passport number which I had my residence visa on. Now that passport is expired and I have a renewed passport now, issued here in Toronto. I had also sent my existing passport copy along with my application. I am not sure if it was a error or they only issue certificate based on the passport # they have on records or on the residence visa of UAE. I am confused to what to do now. Shall I upload the certificate which Dubai police gave me? Or get a new certificate again and go through all the process?

If any one has landed in such situation or have been in such situation before, Please share your experience and out come.

Thank You for your time and advise.

PG
Hi,
How did it go for you?

Can you please share your experience as I am in a similar situation.

Regards

olaKaf89

Star Member
May 24, 2021
Hi

Hi,
How did it go for you?

Can you please share your experience as I am in a similar situation.

Regards
I am also in a similar situation, I was issued an entirely wrong passport number ( it's not even my old passport number), despite the fact that I attached a copy of my passport for the application. I had applied for a PCC back in 2019 and that was ok, all the information was correct, so I was confused when I applied for a new one in May and they passport number was wrong. Has there been any update for yours? Can you please share?

m.chehab

Sep 25, 2021
How did it go guys? I have the same situation. Does IRCC accept it with the older passport number? Or shall i reapply for it?

olaKaf89

Star Member
May 24, 2021
How did it go guys? I have the same situation. Does IRCC accept it with the older passport number? Or shall i reapply for it?
Hi, my application got approved, so it wasn't an issue. What I did was, attach a copy of the old PCC with the correct passport number and the new PCC with the wrong number. Then I attached a letter of explanation and copies of the emails I sent to Dubai Police to get the problem fixed. Just be very transparent and explain the situation clearly in your letter of explanation.

Reactions: Joy G

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I have the same issue please anyone? Thr passport nber is entirely wrong and I do not know where in the world those numbers came from