+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UofT School of Continuing Studies transcript as proof of language

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hi Experts,

I am applying for Canadian Citizenship and am looking for some help in the language proof segment.
I did my Bachelor's and Master's from India but my transcripts don't explicitly mention that the medium of instruction was English in the institute. Also, I do not have IELTS General Training (I have IELTS Academic). I did a certificate course from UofT school of continuing studies (course link). I wanted to check if:
1. I can use either of my transcripts from bachelor's or master's as the language proof?
2. I can use my transcript from UofT certificate course as the language proof?

Your inputs would really help me.

Thanks.

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Hi Experts,

I am applying for Canadian Citizenship and am looking for some help in the language proof segment.
I did my Bachelor's and Master's from India but my transcripts don't explicitly mention that the medium of instruction was English in the institute. Also, I do not have IELTS General Training (I have IELTS Academic). I did a certificate course from UofT school of continuing studies (course link). I wanted to check if:
1. I can use either of my transcripts from bachelor's or master's as the language proof?
2. I can use my transcript from UofT certificate course as the language proof?

Your inputs would really help me.

Thanks.
According to this, your certificate from UofT should be ok
  1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution