+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University teaching job

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I am new here and I am interested in relocating to canada. I am a biotechnologist. Any job openings.
There are no jobs posted on this forum. Getting a teaching position in Canada at a university is very difficult. Canada doesn’t have a very large number of universities. Assume you have a PhD and have been teaching at a university in your home country. The best possible way to secure a teaching position in Canada (if you have not graduated from a PhD in Canada or are Canadian and done the majority of your studies in Canada) is to have already taught at a prestigious university that is known internationally and/or to be well known in your field so you would attract students to the university and bring grant money to the university. Most Canadian PhD grads end up going abroad to teach.

amberflames

Mar 26, 2023
Thank you so much for the responses. I saw biology listed in the NOC. Where can I work with a Ph.D in Genetics and Biotechnology? I also have a biology first degree.
I am on LinkedIn and indeed and jobs across world etc. I think there's something I'm not doing right.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for the responses. I saw biology listed in the NOC. Where can I work with a Ph.D in Genetics and Biotechnology? I also have a biology first degree.
I am on LinkedIn and indeed and jobs across world etc. I think there's something I'm not doing right.
LinkedIn, Indeed, etc. are the right sites. There's really no short cut. You just have to keep looking for and applying for jobs, knowing that many employers are not willing to consider foreign candidates.

Reactions: canuck78