+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University payment!

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
Someone told me that after getting the approval letter, I need to pay the full first semester tuition fees before applying for the visa or else my visa application will be rejected. Is it true?

Also, do I need previous travel history before applying for study permit? To be more specific, will a passport with no visas raise problems?

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
For me I would pay the whole semester this will prove that you are going to school. Also, sometime there is a randon check at the airport, they might to ask you if you pay your tuition fee and if you say no that will raise a flag from immigration. I have seen this situation many times.

You need to submit a copy of you passport with stamps on it, but if this is you first time to travel, don't worry about it.

lostndamned

Jan 7, 2014
cmathslu said:
For me I would pay the whole semester this will prove that you are going to school. Also, sometime there is a randon check at the airport, they might to ask you if you pay your tuition fee and if you say no that will raise a flag from immigration. I have seen this situation many times.

You need to submit a copy of you passport with stamps on it, but if this is you first time to travel, don't worry about it.
What if I apply to two universities (one top, one low ranking) then get approval letter from the lower ranking one, make full semester payment and apply for visa right away. After getting the visa, I get offer letter from the top ranking university which is better than the first one. What should I do in this situation? Are the fees refundable?

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
lostndamned said:
What if I apply to two universities (one top, one low ranking) then get approval letter from the lower ranking one, make full semester payment and apply for visa right away. After getting the visa, I get offer letter from the top ranking university which is better than the first one. What should I do in this situation? Are the fees refundable?
If that's the case, before you pay your tuition fee, better ask the chool you are applying for. I think you will be refunded as long as the semester is not yet started and their might be fees applied if you withdraw your tuition fee. The main thing is you paid a tuition fee as proof of studying in Canada.