+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University or College degree

Pee Gee

Apr 18, 2006
Saudi Arabia
I started my Bachelor's degree in 1983 and completed all the academic requirements by 1987. However, I was not given a Special Order (SO) number [in the Philippines this is what is given to an individual who is considered a graduate] because I did not attend the required Reserved Officer's Training Course (ROTC). That means I was not considered a graduate of batch 87.

However, by virtue of a law passed in 2002 declaring that this ROTC training is not anymore a requirement but is simply voluntary, the school granted me my graduation (I was given an SO number). I was however included in batch 2002. I have my original transcript and diploma stating my SO number was issued on 2002 although records shows that I took all my classes from 1983-87.

How many years should I put then in the box for number of years I completed my University or College degree?

Again, I would appreciate any help on this issue.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pee Gee said:
I started my Bachelor's degree in 1983 and completed all the academic requirements by 1987. However, I was not given a Special Order (SO) number [in the Philippines this is what is given to an individual who is considered a graduate] because I did not attend the required Reserved Officer's Training Course (ROTC). That means I was not considered a graduate of batch 87.

However, by virtue of a law passed in 2002 declaring that this ROTC training is not anymore a requirement but is simply voluntary, the school granted me my graduation (I was given an SO number). I was however included in batch 2002. I have my original transcript and diploma stating my SO number was issued on 2002 although records shows that I took all my classes from 1983-87.

How many years should I put then in the box for number of years I completed my University or College degree?

Again, I would appreciate any help on this issue.
4, with an explanation'

PMM

Pee Gee

Apr 18, 2006
Saudi Arabia
Thank you PMM for the brief but concise answer. It look silly to ask this one but, should I put in the dates for my University degree as FROM:06 1983 TO: 03 2002 (which is the date I as considered a graduate)?

Will wait for your answer once more.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pee Gee said:
Thank you PMM for the brief but concise answer. It look silly to ask this one but, should I put in the dates for my University degree as FROM:06 1983 TO: 03 2002 (which is the date I as considered a graduate)?

Will wait for your answer once more.
1983-1987 it would look pretty silly to show that it took you 23 years to get a BA, just include the ROTC explaination that that you completed all the academic requirements in 87, but not the ROTC but were awarded the degree in 02 when that requirement was dropped.

PMM