+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

under Canadian work permit able to travel to us? plz help

jimboo

Oct 1, 2013
Hi i would like to ask if someone can please answer my question.My friend is from the Philipines she leaves more than 3 years in canada under valid work permit and she is waiting for her papers..she also has valid passport for few more months but her visa is expired..is she able to travel to usa by air for few days to visit me? or she is not allowed because she is not residet yet? And if she is allowed will it affect her when she goes back? because she is waiting to become permanent resident..thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jimboo said:
Hi i would like to ask if someone can please answer my question.My friend is from the Philipines she leaves more than 3 years in canada under valid work permit and she is waiting for her papers..she also has valid passport for few more months but her visa is expired..is she able to travel to usa by air for few days to visit me? or she is not allowed because she is not residet yet? And if she is allowed will it affect her when she goes back? because she is waiting to become permanent resident..thank you
1. She needs a valid visitor visa for the US. She also needs a passport valid for more than 6 months after the length of her visit.

jimboo

Oct 1, 2013
Hi thanks for ur reply any idea how long it would take her to get one since philipines arent in us visa waiver programm? Or it doesnt matter cause she travels from canada? Her passport expires january 2014.