Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Hi everyone. I am writing this post on behalf of my husband. He received a letter saying his citizenship est is scheduled for 14th november, 2013. The problem is he is outside canada due to some emergencies and wont be able to make it for the test. From the cic website we learned that he can reschedule his exam with a valid reason. Can you please help with the contact nmber of cic or any other means of contacting them to reschedule the date. The call center service is not available for overseas call. I am refering to this number 18882422100.any help on this matter will be highly appreciated. Many thanks

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try using this number +16139444000 (Foreign Affairs & Development office), probably you'll need to use Skype as well, though I'm not sure. After language options (1 or 2), it'll provide with agencies selection, I believe CIC stands for 1 (Foreign Affairs inquires) and then 2 (information about immigration and visas). You'll be transferred to CIC like if you were calling +1888 number. I use this number to call CIC from Skype, and Skype is not routed through Canadian area number.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the reason he can't make the test?

As per OB 476 B - effective September 3, 2013 - no shows for test need to explain in writing why within 60 days of test date.

Acceptable explanations (examples):

Applicant must be away for an extended period to care for a dying parent.
Applicant is unable to appear as a result of health constraints following an illness/accident.
Applicant has requested documents from a third party and is waiting for these documents (such as a Record of Movement).
Other extenuating circumstances as deemed reasonable by CIC (e.g., applicant called out of country to sort out family/business affairs as a result of a death in the family).

Unacceptable explanation (example):
Applicant lives or continually travels abroad and wants to wait until next trip to Canada.

So unless its because he has medical issues or there is a bereavement he is better dropping whatever it is and returning for the test. Not only does he have to write in an explanation to CIC for missing the test but:

1. there is a risk it will not be accepted as a valid reason
2. He may/ will get RQd if CIC decide to further review his declared 'residence' days
3. His new test date might be +6 months away..some on the forum got tested 12 months after missing their test

How long has he been away? Does he still meet the 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years rule to maintain PR status?

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Unless its because he has medical issues or there is a bereavement he is better dropping whatever it is and returning for the test. Not only does he have to write in an explanation to CIC for missing the test but:

1. there is a risk it will not be accepted as a valid reason
2. He will get RQd
3. His new test date might be +6 months away..some on the forum got tested 12 months after missing their test.

How long has he been away? Does he still meet the 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years rule to maintain PR status?
Agree, unless emergency is so severe such as seriously one's life/health threatening, he should drop that emergency and fly on the next plane available. High risk of RQ, huge test rescheduling delay and having a case derailed, classified into a suspicious category and put on the back burner.

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Thank you everyone for the quick reaponse. I am grateful. Yes he meets the requirements. He just left canada two weeks ago as his mother passed away. He has to be there for few more weeks to perform the after death rites and rituals according to buddhism. And he is the only son. He waited for thr test for almost twos years and when it is finally here he is in such a situation. I really hope things work out for him. Thank you all again

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
I just called the CIC through this number +16139444000 from my Canadian internet line. I then dialed 1 for English, and the system offered the choice between 1 for Trade... and 2 for Humanitarian Aid...and after a long pause offered more options starting back at 1 for which CIC was option 2.

CIC told me on the phone when my exam will likely be (several months from now). Is it likely to be on this day? has anyone had their test on the same day as they were told or on an earlier or later date?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasminexyz said:
Thank you everyone for the quick reaponse. I am grateful. Yes he meets the requirements. He just left canada two weeks ago as his mother passed away. He has to be there for few more weeks to perform the after death rites and rituals according to buddhism. And he is the only son. He waited for thr test for almost twos years and when it is finally here he is in such a situation. I really hope things work out for him. Thank you all again
Condolences for this. CIC will re-schedule the test as bereavement on their list of acceptable reasons. You get 60 days to explain your absence post the test date so there is time to resolve if contacting CIC from abroad is an issue.

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Msafiri said:
Condolences for this. CIC will re-schedule the test as bereavement on their list of acceptable reasons. You get 60 days to explain your absence post the test date so there is time to resolve if contacting CIC from abroad is an issue.

Thank you