+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to understand the misrepresentation ban

anon_0k

Dec 18, 2023
Hello, I need some advice.

My parents' visitor's visa application was refused and they were found inadmissible for 5 years on grounds of misrepresentation. The visa officer believed the bank statements were inauthentic. The decision was very surprising because the financial statements were authentic and were, not only, stamped by the bank but were also accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming the bank account number and the holder's name. I am at a complete loss and don't understand the decision. What can we do about this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I need some advice.

My parents' visitor's visa application was refused and they were found inadmissible for 5 years on grounds of misrepresentation. The visa officer believed the bank statements were inauthentic. The decision was very surprising because the financial statements were authentic and were, not only, stamped by the bank but were also accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming the bank account number and the holder's name. I am at a complete loss and don't understand the decision. What can we do about this?
Did they respond to the PFL? Are they from an African country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, they responded to the PFL with new stamped bank statements and the letter from the bank. Yes they are from an African country.
So they have responded to PFL with bank statements so all they can do is wait to find out if ban is enforced. What did the bank letter say? The bank must prove that the documents they provided were not fraudulent. Just providing new statements may not be enough.

IRCC is very knowledgeable on which banks aren’t genuine, and it is common with African banks.

anon_0k

Dec 18, 2023
So they have responded to PFL with bank statements so all they can do is wait to find out if ban is enforced. What did the bank letter say? The bank must prove that the documents they provided were not fraudulent. Just providing new statements may not be enough.

IRCC is very knowledgeable on which banks aren’t genuine, and it is common with African banks.
They responded to the PFL a couple of months ago and have just heard back from IRCC confirming the refusal and the bank. The bank's letter confirmed the bank account number and that my parents were the signatories. But this was not enough for IRCC, its just very confusing because the bank, the bank statements and letters are all authentic.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They responded to the PFL a couple of months ago and have just heard back from IRCC confirming the refusal and the bank. The bank's letter confirmed the bank account number and that my parents were the signatories. But this was not enough for IRCC, its just very confusing because the bank, the bank statements and letters are all authentic.
So you need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to try and overturn the ban. The lawyer will have to file an appeal with the federal courts. This will cost a lot of money. It will be very difficult and expensive. And this is just to overturn the ban, it doesn’t mean your parents will get an approved TRV. IRCC is very aware/knowledgeable of African banks and the filing of authentic documents. They really should have hired a lawyer to respond to the PFL but cannot go back.

anon_0k

Dec 18, 2023
So you need to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to try and overturn the ban. The lawyer will have to file an appeal with the federal courts. This will cost a lot of money. It will be very difficult and expensive. And this is just to overturn the ban, it doesn’t mean your parents will get an approved TRV. IRCC is very aware/knowledgeable of African banks and the filing of authentic documents. They really should have hired a lawyer to respond to the PFL but cannot go back.
Yes, unfortunately, we can't undo it, we just weren't expecting the ban since all the documents were legitimate. Do you think there is any point in re-applying instead of appealing or will they just reject the application right away due to the ban?

Thank you for all your responses!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, unfortunately, we can't undo it, we just weren't expecting the ban since all the documents were legitimate. Do you think there is any point in re-applying instead of appealing or will they just reject the application right away due to the ban?

Thank you for all your responses!
No they are banned for 5 years so no point in reapplying.

Reactions: anon_0k