+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ukraine looking to Visit: Should I request Single Entry or Multiple Entry Visa?

hockeyguy31

May 19, 2015
Hi,

I have a friend from Ukraine coming to visit me in Canada during the month of June - July as there are several special events she will attend in Toronto. I have a list of all the events (including dates) in addition to all the costs of the events.

In addition to these event dates, we will prepare all the other required documents such as travel booking to and from Canada, financial documents, letter of invitation and affidavit from her family. There is no employer letter since she is a sole proprietor with several years of experience.

She has never had a Canadian Visa before, but does have a Schengen Visa. Will the Schengen Visa help with any concerns of her staying past her Visa?

I've also heard that it's difficult for Ukrainians to get a Visa for Canada. The reason for requesting a multiple entry visa is that I've heard that Canada now prefers to issue these instead of the single entry.

I never thought it would be this difficult

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Please run the Documents Checklist for Ukraine: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

There is no employer letter since she is a sole proprietor with several years of experience.
Does she own a business?

She has never had a Canadian Visa before, but does have a Schengen Visa. Will the Schengen Visa help with any concerns of her staying past her Visa?
You may want to add an Explanation: My Travel History.... that lists the entry/exit dates + purpose of visit to each of the Schengen countries she has visited

Apart from this:
Does she own property? Or have a lease agreement in her name?

She can also show her family ties in Ukraine

Cheers :)

brittanyquesada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-15-2016
Med's Done....
06-23-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2017
LANDED..........
02-20-2017
You're right, this is from the CIC website..

""Multiple-entry visas make it easier for travellers to visit Canada

February 5, 2014 | No. 201402-03

Ottawa - Office of Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister - Visitors to Canada will automatically be considered for a multiple-entry visa, starting on February 6, 2014. Multiple-entry visas allow qualified visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time for up to 10 years without having to reapply each time.

The fee for the temporary resident visa (TRV) program will now be reduced from $150 to $100 for the processing of either a single- or multiple-entry visa.

By harmonizing the single- and multiple-entry visa fees, the visa application process will become simpler for applicants and promote tourism and trade by increasing the number of eligible travellers who are able to make multiple visits to Canada.""

so they most likely would get a multiple entry visa...

""All applicants who are eligible for a multiple entry visa will be issued one. However, not all applicants will be eligible for a multiple entry visa. This remains at the discretion of a visa officer. A single entry visa may be issued in cases where, for example:

An applicant is eligible for a fee-exemption and where the purpose of entry to Canada is limited (e.g., for an official visit by a foreign national);
An applicant is participating in a one-time special event in Canada (e.g., Pan-American Games); and/or
Country-specific procedures or guidelines are in place and approved by CIC."""