+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TYPICAL CASE

jaiho

Mar 7, 2009
Respected All,

Most Respectfully, I have my paper accepted for publication/presentation at International conference and I intend to present it in Canada.I already have 10 years multiple entry visa for USA & went for similar International conference in US last year.

Query 1--> Since I intend to stay only for a week or less, Should I go for single entry or Multiple Entry.IN case if I apply Multiple entry for such a short duration visit,is it possible that they might get suspicious.I want to apply for Multiple entry wishing I get visa for may be for 2/3 years and I can ATTEND some future conferences in Canada without reapplying.SHOULD I GO FOR SINGLE ENTRY OR MULTIPLE.

Query 2--> I had been International Student in Canada for approximately three years and also been refused Canadian visa, FOR traveling back to canada to complete my studies ,on valid study permit,twice more than three years AGO . Since then I am working as Assistant Professor in University in India with good salary and have 2 years daughter and working wife in India.WILL PREVIOUS REFUSALS WILL AFFECT MY CHANCES.

Query 3-->I have applied for PR under skilled category (Nov 2005) and My real brother is Canadian PR, WILL THIS AFFECT MY CHANCES.

YOUR KIND HELP IS SOLICITED IN CASE OF ABOVE QUERIES AND I SHALL BE VERY THANK FULL TO YOU FOR THIS KINDNESS.

REGARDS.

THANKS SINCERELY,

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
Hello Jaiho,

jaiho said:
Respected All,

Most Respectfully, I have my paper accepted for publication/presentation at International conference and I intend to present it in Canada.I already have 10 years multiple entry visa for USA & went for similar International conference in US last year.

Query 1--> Since I intend to stay only for a week or less, Should I go for single entry or Multiple Entry.IN case if I apply Multiple entry for such a short duration visit,is it possible that they might get suspicious.I want to apply for Multiple entry wishing I get visa for may be for 2/3 years and I can ATTEND some future conferences in Canada without reapplying.SHOULD I GO FOR SINGLE ENTRY OR MULTIPLE.

>>>>>> Usually, multiple entry visitor visa costs a little more than single entry. If your intention is to have a visa with longer validity, sure you can apply for multiple entries. Normally, CIC does not issue visas valid beyond validity of passport so just check that your passport is not expiring soon. If it is, then it might be smart to just apply for single entry. I don't think CIC will suspect anything if you apply for multiple entries because you can always explain on the application form that your intention is to be able to visit in the future as well. I've applied for visitor visas to Canada in the past years and this was what I have experienced.

Query 2--> I had been International Student in Canada for approximately three years and also been refused Canadian visa, FOR traveling back to canada to complete my studies ,on valid study permit,twice more than three years AGO . Since then I am working as Assistant Professor in University in India with good salary and have 2 years daughter and working wife in India.WILL PREVIOUS REFUSALS WILL AFFECT MY CHANCES.

>>>>>> I don't think I understood clearly why you were denied for traveling back to Canada while you had study permit. Granting that there was not any serious or major issue for your denial or that you committed any fraud, I do not think this should prejudice any future application on your part. You just must show very strong ties to your country. If you are able to prove this, I do not think any previous denial will affect your application, provided, like I said, that there was no major or serious reason for denial nor fraud on your part. I have friends who have been denied a visitor visa in the past and who were issued visas later on. Again, just show convincing proof of strong ties and hopefully you will be ok. You will never know until you try again, right?

Query 3-->I have applied for PR under skilled category (Nov 2005) and My real brother is Canadian PR, WILL THIS AFFECT MY CHANCES.

>>>>>>> Perhaps not if you can show convincing proof that if your PR application is denied you will go home to your country, that you have ties strong enough that you will leave Canada if PR visa is denied.

YOUR KIND HELP IS SOLICITED IN CASE OF ABOVE QUERIES AND I SHALL BE VERY THANK FULL TO YOU FOR THIS KINDNESS.

>>>>>>>>I hope this helps.

REGARDS.

THANKS SINCERELY,