+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*****Types of photos in Spouse Sponsorship*****

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

My husband is PR in Canada?

We are just married before few months in India. My husband and I are getting done all the paperwork for my PR application.

So we were going through the paperwork, we had just seen a part where it states,
" Please provide up to maximum of 20 photos of you and your Partner at different times and places."

My questions are

How to best represent our relationship with the proofs of materials requested?

Which types of photo we should select to represent our relationship genuine?

Should we keep group photos or couple photos or else both?

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
I spent a lot of time stressing about the photos. I think it is good to include some photos with parents/other family members, photos of different events from wedding (ie. different ceremonies if applicable, honeymoon etc.), if you have known eachother for a long time, photos from early in your relationship. The old guidelines favoured couples that were touching in photos - hard if you are in a country where this is culturally unacceptable (like Ethiopia where I was married).
I have seen that a lot of places the visa office favours if you have had a traditional wedding by your country's standards... and especially if you have had a larger wedding, I would include at least one group shot with you in it.

Reactions: Master5678

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hello,

My husband is PR in Canada?

We are just married before few months in India. My husband and I are getting done all the paperwork for my PR application.

So we were going through the paperwork, we had just seen a part where it states,
" Please provide up to maximum of 20 photos of you and your Partner at different times and places."

My questions are

How to best represent our relationship with the proofs of materials requested?

Which types of photo we should select to represent our relationship genuine?

Should we keep group photos or couple photos or else both?
I am from India and i have a big fat Indian wedding where i sent each and every ritual we had.(you know indian wedding has 20-30 rituals) so each ritual plus pictures of engagement, when we met before and after marriage, Roka, Honeymoon etc etc. I know you cannot fit these in just 20 pics. My file consisted of 107 pictures on a word document of 15 pages.

Reactions: tsegereda

S.Abel

Feb 19, 2024
I spent a lot of time stressing about the photos. I think it is good to include some photos with parents/other family members, photos of different events from wedding (ie. different ceremonies if applicable, honeymoon etc.), if you have known eachother for a long time, photos from early in your relationship. The old guidelines favoured couples that were touching in photos - hard if you are in a country where this is culturally unacceptable (like Ethiopia where I was married).
I have seen that a lot of places the visa office favours if you have had a traditional wedding by your country's standards... and especially if you have had a larger wedding, I would include at least one group shot with you in it.
Hi Tsegereda,
how about the additional 3 picture required from specific countries such as Ethiopia. the PA and his familly are required to submit additional 3 photos total 5 per each individuals. should it be the same phot or differnt?