+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two persons inviting for vistor visa?

jazibb

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

We are applying for my sister's (and 2 kids) visitor visa on the new ircc portal. Her husband (lives in Vancouver) is studying here in Canada in a Master's program and he's the one inviting them. I am just filling up the application.

While applying, I just noticed that we can add multiple hosts. There's a line saying "Has someone else also invited you?" I am thinking can I add myself in this as well? I live in Toronto and I will be financially sponsoring her visit. Right now, my plan was to send her the required funds and then create a gift deed. But I am thinking if I add myself as one of the persons who invited, then I can show my canadian bank statements etc.

Am I making things more complicated for the visa officer or simpler?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no such things as sponsoring a visit. You can provide a letter of invitation but they need to show their own funds, ties to home country, travel history etc. If you send funds and dump it in her account then it will raise red flags. The husband, not you, should be showing funds and issuing the invitation too. A gift deed is usually for EE.

jazibb

Jul 25, 2017
There is no such things as sponsoring a visit. You can provide a letter of invitation but they need to show their own funds, ties to home country, travel history etc. If you send funds and dump it in her account then it will raise red flags. The husband, not you, should be showing funds and issuing the invitation too. A gift deed is usually for EE.
In this case, the husband does not have a significant bank statement to show enough funds. That's where I come in the equation. Invitation letter is coming from him, yes, but i'm just confused how to process the funds for her application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In this case, the husband does not have a significant bank statement to show enough funds. That's where I come in the equation. Invitation letter is coming from him, yes, but i'm just confused how to process the funds for her application
Your funds are irrelevant as you are not her immediate family and she is an adult. She needs to show her own funds. If you gift deed her the funds for a visit then she will need to document the gift. And it will raise questions since she is visiting her spouse and will they return home. Your sister can apply and try as processing is long. Assume she has done biometrics.

If he is doing a Masters, he should have included them in the application and she could have applied for SOWP.

Reactions: YVR123

Isiatu

Jun 23, 2021
@Naturgrl I’ve a specific enquiry, my husband’s brother who’s lives in Toronto he’s a Canadian citizen, he’s inviting me and my husband to visit for family reunion. However my husband is a British citizen he doesn’t need visitor visa he only needs ETA, but I do need the visitor visa as I’m a resident in the UK on a spouse visa. My brother inlaw who’s inviting us is ready to send the declaration form to support my application, do you think this will cover the instruction for extended family member?

Please help me in clarifying this
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl I’ve a specific enquiry, my husband’s brother who’s lives in Toronto he’s a Canadian citizen, he’s inviting me and my husband to visit for family reunion. However my husband is a British citizen he doesn’t need visitor visa he only needs ETA, but I do need the visitor visa as I’m a resident in the UK on a spouse visa. My brother inlaw who’s inviting us is ready to send the declaration form to support my application, do you think this will cover the instruction for extended family member?

Please help me in clarifying this
Thank you.
He is not your extended family member under current rules but can still send an invitation.

Isiatu

Jun 23, 2021
He is not your extended family member under current rules but can still send an invitation.
Okay but will that put me in priority processing if he send the declaration form or it will just be normal processing like normal visitor visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They would have had to submit proof of their funds to apply for the study permit so it will be evident that someone else is funding their travel. If they are not traveling to Toronto you shouldn’t be including an invitation letter. Given that they could decide to remain in Canada it is very important that the family show that they have their own funds. Are you also funding his whole education and loving expenses?

jazibb

Jul 25, 2017
They would have had to submit proof of their funds to apply for the study permit so it will be evident that someone else is funding their travel. If they are not traveling to Toronto you shouldn’t be including an invitation letter. Given that they could decide to remain in Canada it is very important that the family show that they have their own funds. Are you also funding his whole education and loving expenses?
I'm not. I was just planning to get involved for my Sister's visit visa which seems like not a very good idea anymore.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm not. I was just planning to get involved for my Sister's visit visa which seems like not a very good idea anymore.
If they want to visit or join the husband you shouldn’t be inviting. It will be pretty clear to IRCC that the main purpose of the visit is to join the husband.