+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to Return back home to Canada

jaybussi01

May 26, 2021
How do I return back home to Canada to see my wife we got married while i was there then i had to go back to the us to get my paperwork but i want a faster way to go back :( and how do I apply for my first PR Card

jaybussi01

May 26, 2021
I voluntary left Canada on March 24 2021 because of her worker needing paperwork which i didn't have at the time and we are looking into doing the sponsorship but we can't afford the amount since I am unemployed and she is on disability and i havent went back to the boarder yet because they are closed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I voluntary left Canada on March 24 2021 because of her worker needing paperwork which i didn't have at the time and we are looking into doing the sponsorship but we can't afford the amount since I am unemployed and she is on disability and i havent went back to the boarder yet because they are closed
What paperwork from her worker? You can’t get PR (or work) until she sponsors you. Is she on social assistance too? If you are married to a Canadian, you should be allowed to enter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes she is on ODSP and Her worker needs my passport, Birth Certificate, Immigration documents
Ok but you can’t get PR or work until she sponsors you. Processing takes about a year. She is not on social assistance/welfare through. If you are married, you should be able to enter Canada to see her. You need to show all documents that you are married and have a 14 day quarantine plan. However you are only a visitor. Her disability payments will change once you have PR and working.

jaybussi01

May 26, 2021
she is on disability getting a check every friday cause of her medical problems and have a sick mother she is taking care of and those are the stuff her odsp worker(ontario disability service) needs from me besides mine and her marriage document

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
she is on disability getting a check every friday cause of her medical problems and have a sick mother she is taking care of and those are the stuff her odsp worker(ontario disability service) needs from me besides mine and her marriage document
Ok. Your wife should know that her disability cheque amounts will change with marriage. Your income will be taken into account. But that wasn’t your question. It was returning to Canada, and you should be able to enter as a spouse of a Canadian. I say should because I don’t know how long your past visits have been. You can visit only. PR (and working) is years away if she doesn’t start the sponsorship process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok. Your wife should know that her disability cheque amounts will change with marriage. Your income will be taken into account. But that wasn’t your question. It was returning to Canada, and you should be able to enter as a spouse of a Canadian. I say should because I don’t know how long your past visits have been. You can visit only. PR (and working) is years away if she doesn’t start the sponsorship process.
Relevant thread here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/us-citizen-marrying-a-canadian-citizen-in-canada-help.21770/page-3#post-9428112

jaybussi01

May 26, 2021
we are waiting until i have a Job to get my valid seal birth Certificate, Passport, Immigration authorized to give copies to the worker so i can stay with her while we are legally married

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
we are waiting until i have a Job to get my valid seal birth Certificate, Passport, Immigration authorized to give copies to the worker so i can stay with her while we are legally married
So you are working in the US then, not Canada? Why do you need permission from the worker because if you are legally married, you can live with your spouse. You can't work in Canada until you apply for spousal sponsorship and get approved. Just to be clear, she is not on Ontario Works just ODSP.