+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV while HCCP Application is under process

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
My sister submitted her HCCP application in January and received temp file # in April. Her employer now wants her to apply TRV and visit for 6-8 weeks in January as they are in urgent need that time. They won’t be paying her as she doesn’t have a WP yet. Is it possible to get a TRV in such case? Employer will write invitation letter.

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
My sister submitted her HCCP application in January and received temp file # in April. Her employer now wants her to apply TRV and visit for 6-8 weeks in January as they are in urgent need that time. They won’t be paying her as she doesn’t have a WP yet. Is it possible to get a TRV in such case? Employer will write invitation letter.
Of course. We can even apply PR application in TWO DIFFERENT program at the same time. So it doesn’t matter. The question is, if she will be approved of a visitor visa. I was approved before because my sister included me in her wedding entourage, and entrusted me her salary details, bank details as part of my requirements (wedding is one of the strongest reason for approval).

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Of course. We can even apply PR application in TWO DIFFERENT program at the same time. So it doesn’t matter. The question is, if she will be approved of a visitor visa. I was approved before because my sister included me in her wedding entourage, and entrusted me her salary details, bank details as part of my requirements (wedding is one of the strongest reason for approval).
Thanks a lot. But in your case it was a family member. Here it’s the employer and the employer is saying they are in need of my sister’s help for few days urgently. It doesn’t sound convincing to me as to how VO will be satisfied. Instead I can send an invitation to my sister as I am inside canada, but I don’t have a wedding plan .

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Thanks a lot. But in your case it was a family member. Here it’s the employer and the employer is saying they are in need of my sister’s help for few days urgently. It doesn’t sound convincing to me as to how VO will be satisfied. Instead I can send an invitation to my sister as I am inside canada, but I don’t have a wedding plan .
Oh okay. Then the invitation should come from you. If your sister in your country has a stable job then there’s a probability that she will be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She would be working illegally even if she isn’t getting paid so it isn’t an option. The chances of approval are pretty low unless she has a very good reason why she needs to travel to Canada (working illegally is not a good reason) and has strong ties to Canada. Given she applied for HCCP there will likely be concerns that she won’t leave if she is given a TRV.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
She would be working illegally even if she isn’t getting paid so it isn’t an option. The chances of approval are pretty low unless she has a very good reason why she needs to travel to Canada (working illegally is not a good reason) and has strong ties to Canada. Given she applied for HCCP there will likely be concerns that she won’t leave if she is given a TRV.
Thanks dear. Tbh she has no intentions of illegal work but i understand the VO will look from this perspective as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks dear. Tbh she has no intentions of illegal work but i understand the VO will look from this perspective as well.
You said that she is applying for a TRV because the employer needs her help for a couple of days. That would be working illegally.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
You said that she is applying for a TRV because the employer needs her help for a couple of days. That would be working illegally.
Yes, that’s what the employer told her that they want abt 6 weeks help and when she told them she can’t work unless she has WP, they asked if she’d willing to work for free for these 6 weeks. I personally don’t see any rationale behind this. Even if she agrees to work unpaid, I don’t think it’s allowed.