+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected for spouse in India (Spousal in process - AOR, SA, Medical, Biometrics done)

Kush.k19

Jan 27, 2020
Hello Folks,

cc - @armoured , @his*marty , @canuck78 , @scylla , @legalfalcon , @Leon

Hope everyone is doing well.

So I filed my wife's TRV on Oct 19, 2021 (and spousal application on Sep 16, 2021 online). It got refused on Jan 22, 2022 on the grounds of family ties in Canada and India AND the purpose of visit. I am planning to re-file her TRV as we have our first marriage anniversary in Apr and also as the spousal application has moved to New Delhi Visa Office, we have no clue as to how long it might take before we get the PPR.

Thus, on the basis of the above rejection for first TRV and the change in situation, we are planning to provide the below documents -
1. Proof of relationship (Marriage Certificate, passports showing spouses' names and some photographs)
2. Funds proof - My wife's and my bank statements (+liquid deposits), employer letters, paystubs
3. Additional Document -
- My wife's transfer letter from Mumbai to Pune (to live with my Father as he is widow and for his emotional support)
- Communications from IRCC on the spousal application - specifically Medicals and Biometrics
- Invitation Letter emphasizing on the first wedding anniversary. Attached my PR Card and Canada DL for address and residence proof.
- Purpose of visit again emphasizing on the first wedding anniversary and that spousal might take longer than April and that my wife will go back to India after a month's time spent with me in Canada. Also, added a provisional flight ticket which we have said we will book once the TRV is approved.
- Letter of Explanation justifying (mentioning the change in situation) previous refusal with points like my wife's transfer to Pune to live with her FIL(for his emotional support), a vehicle owned in India, first marriage anniversary and her own parents to meet until she finally doesn't come to Canada as a PR and her job's NOC(/leave approval letter) on a letterhead.

Please please advise if anything that the group feels should be added/removed. We want to be together for our anniversary as we have lived apart for over 5 months now and thus cannot afford another rejection on the TRV.

Thanks in anticipation,
Kush Kawale

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hello ,

In similar situation. What did you do finally? A detailed information will be helpful.