+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused

GeneralInquiry

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Very depressed now. I haven’t seen my wife for 9 months and will most likely need to wait another 8 months before I can see her.

Applied on Sept 2nd.
Refused November 16th.

I’m a Canadian Citizen and she is my spouse.

Citation was that she will not leave Canada due to family ties in Canada (which is me) and from country of residence which is untrue as her University attached a letter that she didn’t need to be back at school until the end of November, her NGO excused her for the month of November and the Pharmacy that she interns at excused her for the month of November as well.

I had always thought Canada was great at reuniting families, however they will not reunite myself and my wife for a small visit.
We have already applied for a spousal sponsorship and would not risk that for her to overstay her welcome.

How are we different from the US who actively separate families.

Why have they created programs to accept extended family members and applications that allow the applicant to apply for spousal and visitor visa at the same time if they’re not okay with that.

She is my wife and will eventually be here so we can live our lives together. Why are we being actively told to stay separated.

illusionista

Nov 18, 2020
The main purpose of applying for a TRV is to visit Canada temporarily, meaning your spouse needed to demonstrate to the officer that she will visit temporarily. Unfortunately your prior application for spousal sponsorship tells a different story; it tells the officer that she plans on staying permanently, hence the refusal.

I wish you had done a little more research. But do not worry, 8 months will pass before you know it!

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Very depressed now. I haven’t seen my wife for 9 months and will most likely need to wait another 8 months before I can see her.

Applied on Sept 2nd.
Refused November 16th.

Citation was that she will not leave Canada due to family ties in Canada (which is me) and from country of residence which is untrue as her University attached a letter that she didn’t need to be back at school until the end of November, her NGO excused her for the month of November and the Pharmacy that she interns at excused her for the month of November as well.

I had always thought Canada was great at reuniting families, however they will not reunite myself and my wife for a small visit.
We have already applied for a spousal sponsorship and would not risk that for her to overstay her welcome.

Why have they created programs to accept extended family members and applications that allow the applicant to apply for spousal and visitor visa at the same time if they’re not okay with that.

She is my wife and will eventually be here so we can live our lives together. Why are we being actively told to stay separated.
Sorry to hear this! I was in the same situation last year, my wife's visitor visa got rejected for the same reason. But luckily she got her PR in 90 days.

Try to reapply!

from which country your wife applied for a visitor visa???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Applied on Sept 2nd.
Refused November 16th.

Canada still reunites families which is why you have a sponsorship application in process. Would add that it is mid-november and your application said she had November off so at this point she couldn't travel and quarantine. Unfortunately the majority of spouses who claim they will only come to Canada for a temporary visit remain permanently so IRCC has to doubt people's claims that they will only be arriving for aa short visit. Many have left jobs, schools, etc. Hopefully your w\spouse will get her PR

Reactions: mashulia_26

ghenny

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
If you applied for a spousal visa, why dont you apply again and give them your application number of spousal or any evidence that you applied and that she will return for further interview. Kindly watch Rowena Gawad on her youtube where she state how she get trv while her spousal while on process. She got refused as well because she forget tonsend her apousal application eveidence. Hope this helps